Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-28-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

page refreshing constantly?

I was just wondering if anybody else had a problem with viewing threads... Ive tried this with multiple computers with the same results... About 8 of ever 10 threads i view, i have to actually stop the page from loading because it will constantly keep refreshing and as i try to scroll down, as it refreshes, it takes me right back up to the top... anybody else have that problem?

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:47 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Joker741 Send a message via MSN to Joker741 Send a message via Yahoo to Joker741
No, I don't have the problem, but it would be nice if the recent discussions would auto refresh.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

If I click on a link over at the right under "Recent Discussions" it will take me to the oldest post in the thread that I haven't viewed yet. If I scroll before the page is done loading, it will take me back to that same spot once more of the page loads, and sometimes if there are a lot of posts (particularly those with large images that take a little bit to load) that might happen several times before the entire page loads (I have it set to display 100 posts per page). Is this what's happening to you? It doesn't happen at all if I view the threads any other way.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

no, like just now i clicked on this thread to read your replies and i had to stop the page from loading after it loaded originally because it kept refreshing like 10 times lol... it just keeps loading and loading after it loads originally, and i have super fast internet, i get 20mbps, im just not sure what it is... ive tried clearing the cache and cookies, resetting safari, tried it in ie, safari, ff, and opera... on 4 different computers now

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
Old 08-28-2009, 03:28 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hmh, I got nothing for ya...

...sounds like a problem with the website to me.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:09 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

you try different browsers and everything? try this website on any other computer?
Old 08-30-2009, 11:15 AM   #7
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgamer20o0 View Post
you try different browsers and everything? try this website on any other computer?
yep, tried all 4 browsers on this one, also tried 3 other computers

Old 08-30-2009, 12:43 PM   #8
Fish R friends, not food!

Gotta be the nut behind the keyboard......LOL
spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:58 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I'm having the same problem but with it refreshing my log in - it keeps refreshing and logging me out at the same time
Old 08-30-2009, 01:44 PM   #10
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman View Post
Gotta be the nut behind the keyboard......LOL
Gee thanks lol

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com