Photo Gallery is working again.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kurt, the original issue here that was resolved was that photos could be uploaded to the gallery. Because so much behind the scenes work was done to fix the gallery, it's only natural to have a few things that weren't back to working quite yet. That is why we encourage user input to let us know what is wrong with certain features. After the thumbnail issue was bought up, it was quickly fixed.

Yes, we do check these things out before it's posted that they are fixed, but we are only human and can't catch 100% of everything.

Thanks for your patience and help in identifying a few of the problems.

When I originally posted the thread it was that you could upload to the photo gallery. As mentioned the other issues were discovered after. I think that is why the community is so great. Without the help of the members, these things would never come to light. And I found the repair to be very fast as soon as the issues were brought to light. I apologize if I mislead anyone, it certainly was not my intent. I am very happy to have the photo gallery at all. I love looking at other people's pictures.

When I originally posted the thread it was that you could upload to the photo gallery. As mentioned the other issues were discovered after. I think that is why the community is so great. Without the help of the members, these things would never come to light. And I found the repair to be very fast as soon as the issues were brought to light. I apologize if I mislead anyone, it certainly was not my intent. I am very happy to have the photo gallery at all. I love looking at other people's pictures.
(y)

Not sure if this is already the problem that has been brought up but when i'm viewing pictures in the gallery and i click to see the profile of the person that hosted the picture it takes me to the wrong profile. for example clicking on melose58's seahorse pictures and i click on his name it takes me to kalapana's profile? nothing critical but since your looking for input i thought i would mention it. Thanks for your continued hard work to keep the site up and running.

I can see the photo's now very cool. Thanks. I was looking at one of my pics the one of my dog. it had a link to a user that had 0 posts and hasn't posted since before I even joined the forum kinda strange. It says Blazeherd 2306 but it links to a user named druffus??? Aquarium Advice - Aquarium & Reef Forum - View Profile: druffus

Also under one of my rock photo's there is a link to my username and it shows this http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/a-20351.html

I think the link is for comments on the photo it just doesn't take you to the comment part

Last edited:
Not sure if this is already the problem that has been brought up but when i'm viewing pictures in the gallery and i click to see the profile of the person that hosted the picture it takes me to the wrong profile. for example clicking on melose58's seahorse pictures and i click on his name it takes me to kalapana's profile? nothing critical but since your looking for input i thought i would mention it. Thanks for your continued hard work to keep the site up and running.

Actually this was brought up a long time ago. I had forgotten, I will bring this up to tech right away. Thanks!

Seems like the photos that were ported over from the old system are bugged by usernames not working properly. Everything newly loaded appears to work, at least in my case

(Have photos from last year that I uploaded, says they're mine, but when I click on my name it takes me to someone elses profile. Also, those old photos don't show up in my photo count or under a search for my name)

Strangely enough, when I click on my own profile in the gallery I do get my own profile. Would someone be willing to try it and see if it goes to my profile or someone else's and report back to me? TIA

It does work Zagz when I click on your username underneath your photo's it takes me to your profile. The issue I am noticing is when you click on the username of someone who has commented on one of your photo's it links to a totally random username that is not the person who commented on your photo

Photo gallery gremlins. LOL. I have advised our tech admin of the problems. Thanks everyone for your help in identifying all these issues. That is the way a community works to resolve things.

Back
Top Bottom