Photo Gallery is working again.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Our photo gallery is working again. You can upload photos to the gallery. Please try and get your pictures into the correct category. Let's get some pictures uploaded.

Much thanks to our technical team that worked hard to resolve this issue!

We have some tweaking to do for the gallery but it's nice to have it working again. The goal will be to create a place on a new home page/portal that has the most recent photos being showcased. We should also start a monthly photo contest like we used to have!

Thanks for pointing that out. We will work on this. We still need to trouble shoot things to make sure it's 100%. If you have time and you click around and help find other things that are broken?

So I upload an image, and it's linked to my username just fine. But I have other images that are in the gallery from before the switch over also. Those don't appear to be properly linked to my username. You can see those here...

Kurt_Nelson's Images - Aquarium Advice Gallery

You'll also notice that the thumbnails in that gallery I posted are really messed up. What you see is NOT what you get!

Any way to "reconnect" those old pictures somehow? Or is that one of the "bugs" that need worked out?

Last edited:
I think this issue may be resolved, please let me know here if it is still happening to you.

I think this issue may be resolved, please let me know here if it is still happening to you.

Well... they appear linked but you can't see them! Just click on the "images" number below my name. You'll see all the image links, but you won't see the images. Not even if you click on the picture's name.

I don't mean to be totally negative because the work trying to get this thing back functional is appreciated, but doesn't anyone check this stuff out before saying things work or are fixed?

The old pictures are connected to the user now you just can't see the old photo's when you click on them. (Not that I like my ugly rock photo's LOL)

Well... they appear linked but you can't see them! Just click on the "images" number below my name. You'll see all the image links, but you won't see the images. Not even if you click on the picture's name.

I don't mean to be totally negative because the work trying to get this thing back functional is appreciated, but doesn't anyone check this stuff out before saying things work or are fixed?

Kurt - it's an evolving process and community input is an important part of that process. Newer members who registered after the forum software change are having different experiences than older members. We need input to trouble shoot.

Kurt - it's an evolving process and community input is an important part of that process. Newer members who registered after the forum software change are having different experiences than older members. We need input to trouble shoot.

So are you telling me that if a new member (such as yourself, Andy, techadmin) click on an "older" member's image link, they wouldn't have seen any of the issues I pointed out?

[rant]

All I'm saying is that it seems like we've had several "this works now" announcements, only to find out that well... it didn't work. And the things that were wrong seemed pretty obvious to me. We've also had several things mentioned that were going to happen "next week" or the equivalent, and that was months ago.

I'm not saying I don't think there's not any work being done in the background. I'm well aware of all the unseen workings that go one to make this board tick. Before the ownership change, this was a "hobbiest" site which made everyone pretty much accept the way things were. Pretty much. But then we're told of the ownership change and that this change will bring a certain level of professionalism to the site since the new owner has experience with running umpteen other sites. I'm just saying that I'm not seeing any of that yet, and the stuff that has been redepolyed just doesn't seem like it's been looked at before being presented as finished working product.

[/rant]

I would just like to note that the issue I stated that was fixed was indeed fixed. The image issue arose afterwards. This should be fixed momentarily.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Although we (meaning me :) ) may have to regenerate thumbnails again, I believe the image issue is now resolved. Let me know if you see any issues with it.

So what, specifically, is the new issue that needs to be fixed? Clicking on the images link under a username takes me to their gallery where I can see the thumbnails and load the full images.

I would just like to note that the issue I stated that was fixed was indeed fixed. The image issue arose afterwards. This should be fixed momentarily.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

LOL...

Well, yeah. I guess you're right - the images that were previously uploaded were indeed linked when you stated it was fixed. But you couldn't see the images! Not sure how that makes it "fixed", but yeah... they were at least linked. Guess it's a semantics thing.

Regarding being able to see the images now... yes, it looks like it's working from what I see.

Obviously I need to take a vacation from AA. If a dumb internet forum can elevate my blood pressure, then it's time for a break.

LOL...

Well, yeah. I guess you're right - the images that were previously uploaded were indeed linked when you stated it was fixed. But you couldn't see the images! Not sure how that makes it "fixed", but yeah... they were at least linked. Guess it's a semantics thing.

Regarding being able to see the images now... yes, it looks like it's working from what I see.

Obviously I need to take a vacation from AA. If a dumb internet forum can elevate my blood pressure, then it's time for a break.

Didn't mean to raise any blood pressures sorry :D. Was trying to fix the link it was just that the images didn't want to cooperate with the correct user id's. So I guess we are both right. :) There were a lot of pictures to associate back so it did take a little time.

Hopefully all is good, but please let me know if anything else arises with this specific issue.

Back
Top Bottom