Photo Gallery Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jibboo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just went to upload some new pics to my gallery and to my dismay its telling me that I'm out of space. Apparently, my account is only allowed 2MB of space, yet I have over 3MB of pics out there.

Can someone tell me ... did they change the space allotments?

I want to add a few new pics, but I'll have to delete approx 1/3 of my pics in order to do that. Does anyone know?

tia

I believe it's a combination of gallery pics and pics attached to threads. Have you checked your profile (click your profile under your first post...go to bottom). Your total space used will be shown there.

I think attachments in the forum are something different. Here's what mine says:

[Uploaded: 98.21 KB / Quota: 2 MB / 5% of total]

so, I'm pretty sure that's not it. If I go into my Gallery and click Upload Photo I get the following information:

Disk space allowed on your account: 2,048kb (2,097,152 bytes)
Disk space used on your account: 3,177kb (3,253,069 bytes)
Disk space remaining for your account: -1128.8kb (-1,155,917 bytes)

Its possible you uploaded images during the time period when no quotas where enacted. When we do updates or add regiional forums ALL quotas are blown away and we have to reapply them. its always been 2mb for nonsupporting members.

Those whom have donated have more space in both the forum and the photo gallery.

Moving to site help/feedback as thats where site related questions should be asked.

thanks fishfreek ... I tried to find the help forum or site discussion, but must have missed it.

Can you tell me what the quotas are if I donate? I love the site and love to share my pics with everyone.

Services available to those who make a donation.

* Increased attachment quota from 2MB to 10MB
* Increased photo gallery quota from 2MB to 10MB
* The addition of a special user rank of Aquarium Advice Alumni
* Getting added to our special Alumni Registry
* The ability to have an @aquariumadvice.com e-mail forward
o This e-mail forward is not an e-mail account. Instead it will allow you to give out an e-mail account like Yourname@aquariumadvice.com and have it automaticly sent to an e-mail account you provide us.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/donate.php

thanks fishfreek ... I love the site and enjoy getting and giving feedback on everything.

Back
Top Bottom