Pictures in older threads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michealprater

Aquarium Advice Addict
It has been awhile since I have spent much time on the forums. I was going back trying to look at some old threads, such as "Full Tank Shots" and all the pictures are gone. What happened to them? Did the new ownership get rid of them? Also what happened to the original home page? Now it just goes to the forums. Things have changed quite a bit.:(

Moved to community help and feedback.

Some of the pictures show for me and some don't. Some now show as attached jpg files. I am assuming the ones that don't are ones that the OP no longer has hosted.

The old home page is a thing of the past. The admins are considering a new home page but there are many things they need to attend to first as far as I know.

Regarding the pictures, I *think* all the links to photos that were hosted on the AA site are still good. I checked a few of my very first ones, and they show up. What probably has happened is that folks uploaded their photos to one of the free photo servers (photobucket, shutterbug, etc) and then later deleted them.

none of my original pictures exist and they were all uploaded to AA. Its ok though.

I thought mine were awol also at first, because I couldn't find "My Gallery." But then someone told me how to find all my pictures. And I'll be darned if I can find them right now! I searched the gallery for my user name, and it returned no results! But I know they're there. I'm guessing yours are too.

I'll poke around to find out how I did that and post a link.

I was lucky as in I had a link to my gallery in my sig.

I should clarify with you, are you missing your pics from your gallery or the ones direct loaded to your posts? There are two different issues at work here.

I thought mine were awol also at first, because I couldn't find "My Gallery." But then someone told me how to find all my pictures. And I'll be darned if I can find them right now! I searched the gallery for my user name, and it returned no results! But I know they're there. I'm guessing yours are too.

I'll poke around to find out how I did that and post a link.

OK... here's the convoluted way to find them if they're in the gallery.

Go the the "Gallery" via the link in the upper blue horizontal bar. Once there... and here's the fun part... try and find a picture of yours. I couldn't find mine using the search function keying on my username, but was able to find one by randomly browsing the gallery. Once you find a thumbnailed picture of yours, click on it. Now on that page, near the bottom, you'll find your username and to the right of it you'll find something that says something like "see all of this user's pictures" or whatever it says. Click on that, and you'll finally be looking at a page of all your pictures. Now... bookmark that page so you can easily return to it because if you're like me, you'll never remember how you did it again! Simple, eh?

That's why I've just started uploading my pictures to photobucket, rather than deal with the mess here. If I can't search the pictures, then what's the point? Yeah... I know... it's on "the list."

Back
Top Bottom