Pictures showing, not showing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_4_all

Aquarium Advice Addict
I can see some pictures in a post but when I go back to the posts, sometimes I can see them, sometimes I can't. 10 gallon tank light conversions. I posted 2 pictures, was able to see them in the preview and able to see them in forum. Then last night they vanished. I had to reload them to see them. I have also had quite a few other posts that I was able to see the pictures at one time but now I can't, some of them mine, some of them pictures from others. Did I do something or is there a little glitch resetting some of our pictures?

Check your upload usage. Click your profile from any of your posts. On the bottom right, you will see a link named upload manager. It will display all your attachments and the amount of space being used.

Most likly its your security settings on your pc if your seeing images some times and not others. Give examples of posts where you can see images and examples of posts where you can not.

In the first post if you see the image by Lonewolfblue and you cant see yours than I belive I know the issue. Your not seeing images that are attached to forum posts. Your seeing images that are linked with the bbcode.

What style are you using? if your using a style other than the default fisubice change to that and see if you still dont see the attached images. If you still dont see the attahced images than you likly have a firewall or browser security rule keeping them from appearing. Personally I find personal firewalls the scurge of 99% of the web site problems

I can see lones, I can't see mine, then I can and then I can't. Must be the new firewall. How can I do the pictures in the format that Lone used? At least until I can figure out my firewall

You have to host your images elsewhere as the img bbcode requires the images to already be on the internet where as the method in which you cant see them you upload them to our server and they get added to your posts automaticly.

For a free image host look in my sig. Very easy to use.

Your profile either has user signatures turned off OR your firewall aswell is removing links in general aswell.

http://www.photolocker.net is the website. Of course if your browser is removing links you wont see that either.

That took care of that part, Thank you. I think I figured out how to let the pictures show but I like the idea of a picture host to keep the site a lot more free for the more important stuff.

Thank you for the help.

Back
Top Bottom