Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-18-2006, 07:51 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Pictures showing, not showing.

I can see some pictures in a post but when I go back to the posts, sometimes I can see them, sometimes I can't. 10 gallon tank light conversions. I posted 2 pictures, was able to see them in the preview and able to see them in forum. Then last night they vanished. I had to reload them to see them. I have also had quite a few other posts that I was able to see the pictures at one time but now I can't, some of them mine, some of them pictures from others. Did I do something or is there a little glitch resetting some of our pictures?

Old 07-18-2006, 08:08 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Check your upload usage. Click your profile from any of your posts. On the bottom right, you will see a link named upload manager. It will display all your attachments and the amount of space being used.

Old 07-18-2006, 09:14 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cool, good thing to remember. Easy to take care of, thank you.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:14 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Most likly its your security settings on your pc if your seeing images some times and not others. Give examples of posts where you can see images and examples of posts where you can not.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:31 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=82918 ( I can't see any of my pictures)

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=82579 (Can not see and of the first pictures from Gfink, all I get is a list and description, same as ine in first one)

I am using Computer associates firewall now and oculd be the cause. I will check my settings. Any suggestions as to what to look for?
Old 07-18-2006, 09:35 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
In the first post if you see the image by Lonewolfblue and you cant see yours than I belive I know the issue. Your not seeing images that are attached to forum posts. Your seeing images that are linked with the [img] bbcode.

What style are you using? if your using a style other than the default fisubice change to that and see if you still dont see the attached images. If you still dont see the attahced images than you likly have a firewall or browser security rule keeping them from appearing. Personally I find personal firewalls the scurge of 99% of the web site problems

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:45 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

I can see lones, I can't see mine, then I can and then I can't. Must be the new firewall. How can I do the pictures in the format that Lone used? At least until I can figure out my firewall
Old 07-18-2006, 09:48 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

You have to host your images elsewhere as the img bbcode requires the images to already be on the internet where as the method in which you cant see them you upload them to our server and they get added to your posts automaticly.

For a free image host look in my sig. Very easy to use.

Old 07-18-2006, 11:21 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Must be a bad day but I can't find the link.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:17 AM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

Your profile either has user signatures turned off OR your firewall aswell is removing links in general aswell.

http://www.photolocker.net is the website. Of course if your browser is removing links you wont see that either.

Tags
pictures

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com