please use more descriptive thread titles...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PB_Smith

Aquarium Advice Addict
it makes it much easier for people to browse and be able to offer help.
One word thread titles more often than not get passed by, so if you really want help, please try to be more descriptive in the titles.

PB, I think this is a problem that is as old as internet forums themselves.

Plus I doubt that many of the guilty members are going to read this forum.:banghead:

One word thread titles more often than not get passed by, so if you really want help, please try to be more descriptive in the titles.

Now wouldn't that be a miracle :cool:

Everything ALWAYS does look better on paper.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you.

I totally agree. This is an issue that needs to change. Many a time someone post titles like "Help" or "A problem" or some other one or two word titles. Alot of times people can only get on the site for a couple minutes. They are going to look for the descriptive titles. Also alot of our threads with descriptive titles are picked up by google search engines. So you see that good titles are a plus for the site and the member.

Maybe everyone can start passing on this message politely everytime you see an ambiguous title?

I asked Santa for this for Xmas now all we need to do is wait for that Xmas miracle

Think he said it would be posted on all those new computers in his sleigh

We as a site team try to fix them as we see them as well but we average 50-100 new threads a day and obviously can't get to them all. If it is a particularly nondescript title like "help needed" it is ok to report the thread. This brings it to the site teams attention and we can address it more readily. Everyone wins with more descriptive titles...

Back
Top Bottom