Posting fish supply websites allowed in threads?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LyndaB

Aquarium Advice Addict
I responded to someone's query about fry food and suggested that they might try abc items at xyz.com.

When checking my User CP threads, that thread came up and so I opened it and saw that my post was deleted.

Are we not allowed to offer website information like that?

Thanks!

I can't find any fry food at xyz.com. can you provide a link to the specific product?

xyz.com is a generic "not real" website. Just so she doesn't use a specific companies name.

xyz.com is a generic "not real" website. Just so she doesn't use a specific companies name.

I don't mind generic products! I actually prefer the "america's choice" generic brand of mac & cheese over the Kraft brand, maybe my fish is the same way?

What "generic" meant in this case was that xyz.com is a fictitious name. There is no such site that sells fish food.

Can a mod please delete this thread? Apparently, the OP on the thread in question had multiple threads. My post is there as of this morning. Weird.

:thanks:

We'll keep it here since it's good info for others. To clear things up...

You can post links to websites as long as it's for informational purposes. If you begin posting links that you gain some something from (money, membership, etc), that's when it becomes a problem. Also, if the thread is in the classifieds, you cannot post links (full list of rules here). If there are links in your signature, they must be informative and cannot be linked to competing websites. Hopefully that clears up any question.

Back
Top Bottom