Posting Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrianH

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi,
I am having trouble posting to this board. About 75% of the time my posts are not accepted. Can anyone tell me why? By the way I'm running internet explorer.
Thanks
Brian

Hmmm, what error message are you getting when a message isn't accepted? When was the last time you cleared your cookies? What are your privacy settings on IE?

I get the page not found error. Iv'e been having this problem since I joined this site in October. I have not made many posts due to this problem
Brian

How do you connect to the net?

What ISP are you using?

Do you have a personal firewall running?

Are you blocking cookies?

Aside from the random cookie issue where members have to log in a few times I am unaware of any other issues nor have I experenced them myself.

I'm currently at work connected via a T1 running internet explorer. I'm not sure of any of the other technical info.
Brian

Do you connect from home aswell as work or only from work?

If you visit the site both at work and home do you experence the same issues on both locations?

I've had a posting problem of late ; sometimes when I go the forum index, it tells me I've clicked ' an unknown now changed link ' and gives me a different link to click. Not totally sure why. :?

Grant R said:
I've had a posting problem of late ; sometimes when I go the forum index, it tells me I've clicked ' an unknown now changed link ' and gives me a different link to click. Not totally sure why. :?

Grant your problem is that there is a link someplace that is still pointing to the OLD location of the forum index. It used to be located at www.aquariumadvice.com/mx_forum.php but was moved to www.aquariumadvice.com/index.php about 6 weeks ago. When this change occured I placed an explanation for those who might have bookmarked the old file requesting them to change their bookmark and then gave a link to the new index.

Should there be a link still on this site that is wrong please tell me where it is so I can correct it. I have looked all over and not found it.

Back
Top Bottom