Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-02-2006, 06:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Problems Reading forum with IE7 ??

Is anyone else having problems reading the forum? I upgraded to IE7 and it puts all of the text ..WAY.. out of my viewing space on the right hand corner. I can still read the posts, but I have to hit reply and use the reply previewer at the bottom of the screen.

Old 11-02-2006, 06:57 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

There is a sticky in the site help forum about issues with IE7. I'm moving your post there.

Old 11-04-2006, 07:56 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I wish I could read the response, as in IE7 the test is fully justified to the right and I can only read "There is a sti.." However I get the gist of it... hehehe Why do software developers make things so difficult....
Old 11-04-2006, 09:12 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Based on the info found in bugtraq I would not want to be using IE7 for a long time. Lets just say it is reported to have more holes than swiss cheese that can end up compromising your system.

If you need tabs and the like get Firefox 1.X release or 2.X release. 2.X even includes built in spell check. Just to name one of its benefits.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:59 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Pleco Send a message via Yahoo to Pleco
Just a note, the current default style does not work in Safari. All you see is a blank box after the page loads.

it would be nice to have a default page that worked all around as i have to change back and forth depending on where i login.

-Pleco
Old 11-07-2006, 09:21 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
1% of our site visitors over the last month have used Safari where as over 56% of our visitors use IE of some version. With such a prevalence of IE usage we must make sure our site works with what is used by the majority.

Im sure you will find a style that works fine regarless of which browser your using. Maybe blacksoul that seems fairly sanitized.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:11 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Pleco Send a message via Yahoo to Pleco
Actually only the "FI" styles work with Safari I just tried Black Soul and it shows a blank screen after the page renders also. Its a bit odd because you can see the body text while it renders, but once the page fully renders all you see is a blank box. You do however still see the signatures, go figure.

I understand that Mac users may be in the minority, but we are still out here I just happen to switch between Windows at work, and Mac at home so i can see the differences pretty easily. If you want a screen shot of what safari sees let me know

If only these companies can start to use a uniform web standard, then none of this would be happening.

-Pleco

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com