Problems Reading forum with IE7 ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamesrm

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is anyone else having problems reading the forum? I upgraded to IE7 and it puts all of the text ..WAY.. out of my viewing space on the right hand corner. I can still read the posts, but I have to hit reply and use the reply previewer at the bottom of the screen.

There is a sticky in the site help forum about issues with IE7. I'm moving your post there.

I wish I could read the response, as in IE7 the test is fully justified to the right and I can only read "There is a sti.." However I get the gist of it... hehehe Why do software developers make things so difficult....

Based on the info found in bugtraq I would not want to be using IE7 for a long time. Lets just say it is reported to have more holes than swiss cheese that can end up compromising your system.

If you need tabs and the like get Firefox 1.X release or 2.X release. 2.X even includes built in spell check. Just to name one of its benefits.

Just a note, the current default style does not work in Safari. All you see is a blank box after the page loads.

it would be nice to have a default page that worked all around as i have to change back and forth depending on where i login.

-Pleco

1% of our site visitors over the last month have used Safari where as over 56% of our visitors use IE of some version. With such a prevalence of IE usage we must make sure our site works with what is used by the majority.

Im sure you will find a style that works fine regarless of which browser your using. Maybe blacksoul that seems fairly sanitized.

Actually only the "FI" styles work with Safari :( I just tried Black Soul and it shows a blank screen after the page renders also. Its a bit odd because you can see the body text while it renders, but once the page fully renders all you see is a blank box. You do however still see the signatures, go figure.

I understand that Mac users may be in the minority, but we are still out here :) I just happen to switch between Windows at work, and Mac at home so i can see the differences pretty easily. If you want a screen shot of what safari sees let me know :)

If only these companies can start to use a uniform web standard, then none of this would be happening.

-Pleco

Back
Top Bottom