Quality of photo thumbnails in posts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kurt_Nelson

Aquarium Advice Addict
Since the "reboot" of the site over to the different server, it seems like all the thumbnailed images that are included on posts are really bad. Not only are they super low resolution, the color is all whacked out. Is there some setting that didn't get switched when the site got put back up? Just curious... normally the thumbnail would suffice, but now I have to click on it to view the full size image to see it correctly.

Technically it was a hard drive swap because the primary drive was failing. Unless this has been going on for a few months.

Try again and also please link me to an example.

We are looking into the software used to create the thumbnails, it looks like they are just way over compressed causing posterization. Due to the disk swap out I do not have access to that software right now, so hopefully Aaron will get around to it shortly, if he hasn't already.

Thanks Anne, I was going to post my thread also as I noticed that a week ago. If you click on the pic then the real pic shows up.

Back
Top Bottom