question about regional forums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ketso

Aquarium Advice Freak
I realize that the Ohio forum is basically dead. However, I was going to post a question there regarding Ohio specific stores. When I tried, I got this: Sorry, but only users granted special access can post topics in this forum.

Maybe the forum wouldnt be dead if there was no "special access"? Or, maybe have the script check your location in your profile to automatically grant special access?

Just a thought.

You do have to register to join any of the regional forums. I pulled up the Ohio forum page for you - click where it says 'Join Group".

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/groupcp.php?g=4655

If you are not approved in a day or two, the group's moderator may be offline. PM fishfreek or reefrunner69 and they can add you to the group.

Also, moving this thread to Site Help.

Edit - "register" isn't really the right word, but click on the link and then click to join the group. The group's moderator will add you to the list of members in that group. If he/she is unavailable, PM one of the admins to give you access.

Thanks! I went ahead and posted my question in the general fw forum earlier. I will see about joining that group in a few and will try to keep my area specific questions in there. Hopefully, things will pick up in that forum.

The concept of requireing people to join a group is that localized clubs can have members use those regional forums to communicate about local events while at the same time being able to use the entire AA site. It also kept undesireds from posting junk in the specialized forums. Going off a user editable field is not the best thing as you could edit with any thing you wanted, joining automaticly group after group to spam or post junk.

Back
Top Bottom