Ran into problems sending Mail - error

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am aware of the following error that appears to have cropped up today

Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 435 Unable to authenticate at present

DEBUG MODE

Line : 132
File : /home/aquacon/public_html/includes/smtp.php

Your post will still apear fine in the forum so dont go and repost thinking it did not post. The problem was it simply could not send the e-mail notifications out like its supposed to.

I am working on getting this resolved with our host as I am certin the problem is on their end since we have made no changes to the site's programming in weeks.

For now I have redirected outbound e-mails to my personal e-mail server. This will remove the above error from being produced but it does not solve the acutal problem. I am still awaiting to hear back from our host as to why we can not send/recive e-mail from @aquariumadvice.com addresses.

Hmm well I guess that would explain why when d9hp replied to what I posted the email I received said

Subject: **SPAM WITH SCORE 07.00** Topic Reply Notification - "Heck ya boys and girls! Add yourselves another tank!!" in forum "Saltwater and Reef - General Discussion"

I thought, what's up with the SPAM score?

Thanks for the post! :D

Thanks for the report. Yes the title with the !!'s caused it to go above my spam threshold on my mailserver.

I have now corrected this and e-mail from aquariumadvice.com will no longer get flagged as possible spam.

Back
Top Bottom