Recent Discusion column

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishEggs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I like the new info available on the "Recent discussion" column. i was often wondering if that could be done so i knew whether it was fw or sw questions.

great job (y)

I agree. It is an excellent addition! I used to hover over the URL and see which forum number it was located before opening so I didn't end up opening a bunch of SW posts.

I like the changes also except for a few things. The large button to the Reviews section... most products are obsolete and/or outdated. I posted this here before but, you cannot post any new reviews so it seems like the button could be removed.

Also, on 1024x768 in firefox and IE it doesn't seem to look right. The boxes on left and right side of the portal page are really small (width wise). Just my $0.02.

Keep up the good work, I like changes :)

When on the Portal page there is a box front and center with the title "What's going on @ Aquarium Advice" ... It has 5 boxes, Support Our Sponsors, AA Articles, AA Reviews, AA Photos and AA Store. As far as the boxes being small, I am referring to the Site Navigation, Platinum Sponsors and on the other side, Stats, Current Poll etc. I will post a screen shot to clear it up.

12085-albums108-picture1329.jpg

I hadn't noticed the boxes before. lol I rarely go to the Portal page, that's why I wasn't sure what you were talking about.

I think the Reviews section is very valuable as it gives reviews to products. Even though we currently can not post new reviews, members can still read up on them. I agree though that they need to be updated so hopefully this feature will be available soon. I'll mention it again to the Admins. :) Thanks for your input!

You know at 1st I did not like it, as it took up more space down the page so I have to scroll down much more to see all the recent topics(instead of all fitting on the main screen). I'm OK with the category added but what I really like is that now it goes to the last viewed page instead of always going to the 1st page(that was the thing I hated the most).

I still think we could do w/o the author, so it would not take up as much space up and down/scrolling. Personally since once you see it the author never changes, if we had to have something there, I would much rather see the last poster then the author.

Hey I see that the author has been removed, great idea why didnt I think of that? Oh wait I did, lol. (Jokingly)

Anyway I think its better, I just love that it goes to the last page you have read now like it "should" instead of always the 1st page.

Thanks!! This forum keeps getting better!

Back
Top Bottom