Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-30-2008, 11:11 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Recent Discusion column

I like the new info available on the "Recent discussion" column. i was often wondering if that could be done so i knew whether it was fw or sw questions.

great job

Old 09-01-2008, 08:47 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I agree. It is an excellent addition! I used to hover over the URL and see which forum number it was located before opening so I didn't end up opening a bunch of SW posts.

29 Gallon Lake Malawi Fry
55 Gallon Community
150 Gallon Lake Malawi Cichlid
Fishyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:51 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

yeah....nobody wants to open a bunch of sw posts when they dont have to. .lol
Old 09-01-2008, 09:11 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

LOL My computer takes a little while to open posts so it becomes very time consuming.

55 Gallon Community
Old 09-02-2008, 12:31 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

I like the changes also except for a few things. The large button to the Reviews section... most products are obsolete and/or outdated. I posted this here before but, you cannot post any new reviews so it seems like the button could be removed.

Also, on 1024x768 in firefox and IE it doesn't seem to look right. The boxes on left and right side of the portal page are really small (width wise). Just my $0.02.

Keep up the good work, I like changes
Old 09-02-2008, 02:37 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Meegosh- What do you mean the large button to the reviews section?

55 Gallon Community
Old 09-02-2008, 03:44 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

When on the Portal page there is a box front and center with the title "What's going on @ Aquarium Advice" ... It has 5 boxes, Support Our Sponsors, AA Articles, AA Reviews, AA Photos and AA Store. As far as the boxes being small, I am referring to the Site Navigation, Platinum Sponsors and on the other side, Stats, Current Poll etc. I will post a screen shot to clear it up.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:53 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

I hadn't noticed the boxes before. lol I rarely go to the Portal page, that's why I wasn't sure what you were talking about.

I think the Reviews section is very valuable as it gives reviews to products. Even though we currently can not post new reviews, members can still read up on them. I agree though that they need to be updated so hopefully this feature will be available soon. I'll mention it again to the Admins. Thanks for your input!

55 Gallon Community
Old 09-07-2008, 03:07 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

You know at 1st I did not like it, as it took up more space down the page so I have to scroll down much more to see all the recent topics(instead of all fitting on the main screen). I'm OK with the category added but what I really like is that now it goes to the last viewed page instead of always going to the 1st page(that was the thing I hated the most).

I still think we could do w/o the author, so it would not take up as much space up and down/scrolling. Personally since once you see it the author never changes, if we had to have something there, I would much rather see the last poster then the author.
Understanding the basics will let you make informed decisions on what advice to follow, and what advice is just plain hooey!
SpeedEuphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hey I see that the author has been removed, great idea why didnt I think of that? Oh wait I did, lol. (Jokingly)

Anyway I think its better, I just love that it goes to the last page you have read now like it "should" instead of always the 1st page.

Thanks!! This forum keeps getting better!

Understanding the basics will let you make informed decisions on what advice to follow, and what advice is just plain hooey!
SpeedEuphoria is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
column, discus

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com