Recent Threads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I noticed the same thing and I didn't hit the blue bar. Everything is gone, including the friends and such. I'll check the portal page.
Yeah, they are all there, but now I can't see the other threads.....

Last edited:
I was wondering about this, since last night it has been gone, except for 2 times, I did not change anything. Currently its back to normal.

Edit: I refreshed and its gone again :confused:

Last edited:
Weird. I know there were some server updates going on last night. Perhaps there are more going on tonight that are fooling with things. Hopefully an admin sees this soon and can shed some light on this.

After the server update was completed this afternoon, everything went back to normal. Now, I too am once again missing the 'Recent Threads' section on the main forum page.

**Seems to be off and on now.

Last edited:
The recent threads block no longer appears on the forum page. That page just lists all the forums available on Aquarium Advice. The portal page, or home page, now lists the block of recent threads, along with random photo gallery pictures, site statistics, your online buddies, all online users, the current poll, social groups, and birthdays in the left column.

On the forum page, or any page, you can still access recent threads by using the navigation bar (the dark blue bar at the top of the screen that appears on every page). Click either on "New Posts" or "Today's Posts" under "Quick Links".

While I like the portal page, it was really nice to have the recent threads on the forum page without having to click anything. Can we get it back?

I guess what I don't get is why it's not on the forum page, but it IS on the subforum page. When you click into a subforum (like "Community Help & Feedback"), it's there on the left like it was before. But on the general forum listing, it's not.

Seems to me that if you were going to remove it from somewhere, it'd be from the subforum since folks have already drilled down that far and you can pretty well assume they're where they want to be. But at the forum listing, folks are still in the browsing mode.

Or at least that's my twisted logic.

I can bring this thread to Andy's attention. I don't know if he'd be willing to return the recent thread list to the forum index page but I can ask.

IMO removing it made no sense. It's not like the real estate was used for something else. Don't make me pout and stamp my feet.

I guess what I don't get is why it's not on the forum page, but it IS on the subforum page. When you click into a subforum (like "Community Help & Feedback"), it's there on the left like it was before. But on the general forum listing, it's not.

Seems to me that if you were going to remove it from somewhere, it'd be from the subforum since folks have already drilled down that far and you can pretty well assume they're where they want to be. But at the forum listing, folks are still in the browsing mode.

Or at least that's my twisted logic.

exactly!

I agree!! I liked the main forum page the way it was! It gave access to all the forums if I wanted them, but I almost never look at the forums individually. I know some people prefer to hit specific forums only, so having the forums listed on the same page as the recent threads made both groups happy. Personally, the recent threads are generally all I look at when I log in here.

For now I've just changed my shortcut/favorite to drive me into a specific forum which makes the 'recents' available without navigating

OK - the pouting and foot stomping can come to an end :lol: :wink:

The recent threads block is now restored on the forum index page, along with the online buddies block. It appears to have been an unintentional result of the server upgrade that was performed a few days ago.

:D :D

Back
Top Bottom