Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-22-2011, 06:59 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
I think maybe it should also be noted that only posting +1 is against the community rules. It's fine to post +1 and then continue with an explanation or further advice, just not '+1' or something like that which does not contribute to the thread.

As far as the rep question- I don't think it matters how long it's been, it matters how many other people you give it to. This prevents people from continually giving the same person rep over and over again.
+1

But so is bumping and I see that a lot more . If I could give rep points on the app (see them too), then they'd have a lot more meaning and I don't think I'm the only apper that feels that way.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

but what if there is one person who gives good advice over and over?? i run into this problem a lot... there are a handful of people who i consistently want to give rep to for their posts....but a lot of those posts go unnoticed because i can't give them rep. it's nice to just let someone know you liked that post, without having to tell everyone else as well. does that make sense? lol

Old 04-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

yeah, i would love to see rep on the app as well. i use the app 50% of the time. it's nice to know what kind of rep the poster has. i know there are a lot of knowledgeable people who may be new to the site so they have no rep yet, but there are also a lot of un-knowledgeable people who just have a lot of posts and no rep. it's signs like that that are helpful when deciding who's advice to take
Old 04-22-2011, 07:05 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion

I was not aware of that Rookie thanks for bringing that to my attention.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:21 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Rep is nice, but everyone needs to remember... don't take advice blindly! Read, research, read more, and then decide for yourself what *you* think. Taking advice here without engaging your brain, even from people with many green squares, is no different than taking whatever your LFS says as fact. "Well the bottle *says* it cures ich, marine velvet, cyano, AND gives you 0ppm nitrates..."

Regarding the original question though... I've never seen that issue when giving rep. I know I can't give it to someone that I've already given rep to within XX number of times... but I've always been able to give it to new people.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:32 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_Nelson
Rep is nice, but everyone needs to remember... don't take advice blindly! Read, research, read more, and then decide for yourself what *you* think. Taking advice here without engaging your brain, even from people with many green squares, is no different than taking whatever your LFS says as fact. "Well the bottle *says* it cures ich, marine velvet, cyano, AND gives you 0ppm nitrates..."

Regarding the original question though... I've never seen that issue when giving rep. I know I can't give it to someone that I've already given rep to within XX number of times... but I've always been able to give it to new people.
+1

I thnk people forget that this is an "advice" forum and not a "you have to do this or else" forum. If there's one thing everyone should remember, Google is your best friend and so is AA's search engine (although it could use some fine tuning).
Old 04-23-2011, 08:42 AM   #17
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Limpet View Post
But so is bumping and I see that a lot more .
It`s still against site rules. You could help us out alot if you report these threads that have be bumped so we can remove it. We remove all of them that we see but we cant catch them all. With your help we can catch those. Thanks

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The reputation is the green squares right? well my question is why are some green squares dark green and some light green?
Tasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:17 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
The reputation is the green squares right? well my question is why are some green squares dark green and some light green?
I don't have an answer to that but hovering the mouse pointer over the green squares is pretty funny
Old 04-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2112j View Post
I don't have an answer to that but hovering the mouse pointer over the green squares is pretty funny
Yes I discovered that awhile back, its pretty neat the different ones their are, LOL

Tasha is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com