Reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itafx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I really like the reviews tab in the new UI. Maybe it was always there in some, but I never knew it till the forum switched over to this new software.

The question I have is about participating in reviews. I tried it and it said I didn't have permission. How does one go about getting authorized to add to the reviews on a product?

The system was there before and it is upgraded to the latest version. I have a lot of work in the usergroup backend area of the site. My personal philosophy has been to keep things very simple and there are a few things that are a bit more complex then I would like, I think it's just the way phpBB had to be setup to accomplish things. So once I have some time to review all the usergroups with the mods then I will go tweak all the settings in the other applications like the reviews, photo gallery, etc.

I'll post an update once those apps are tweaked.

Will permissions need to be applied before members can post reviews, or will we be able to just post reviews unilaterally once you get everything tweaked?

I am not sure how it was in the past but on the other site where we have reviews all members can post new products and reviews for those products. I like to have things open and easy for everyone to use and then put controls in to prevent abuse. So when possible things will be open and if we see bad things happening then we will assess the situation and take proper action.

That sounds great. I just want to get the hard won knowledge others have and contribute some of my own. I see that as one of the main values of the forum and I appreciate your effort in helping it run.

Back
Top Bottom