Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-11-2006, 10:58 AM   #11
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
I guess, in this case, the name says it all:

Thanks and props to the folks that found out the truth and also those willing to help.

Age is relative, you are only as old as you act....of course, this works in reverse....

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Acronym List

Old 08-11-2006, 11:05 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
I really felt like he was a con-artist too. The story did just not sound right, it sounded made-up. People like him make me sick and make me wonder, "why would someone do that?"

I'm sorry to all the people who donated his/her time and money to help.

Old 08-12-2006, 03:53 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via AIM to nzpv03
one more thing...his gramma really ticked me off...they even provide spell check...if you're gonna rip a bunch good people off atleast don't make it a challenge to read your scam..jeez...what a weasel!
Old 08-12-2006, 07:14 AM   #14
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Ok now. This topic was intneded to inform those whom where not sure what happened to the sudden removal of the thread in question and the members in question. Lets not turn it into a bash thread.

I cant think of anyone in their right mind that would think what happened to be cool, fun or anything else other than discusstingly wrong.

We still need to adhear to our policies for all members including those whom are no longer able to post.
Remember dont tap the glass, your fish will think you're an idiot -Anonymous mother

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:30 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Newbie
I do recall him saying that he lived paycheck to paycheck, and that's unfortunate if that is the case.

I live paycheck to paycheck as well but it's never compelled me to steal a dollar from anyone! This story is sickening and I believe it should go to the authorities. Hard working generous people got scammed and ripped off and he shouldn't get away with it.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:38 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist
But people that dont have money, and spend what they do have on things they don't need (espcially cigarettes) just aggrivates me to no end.
When I worked minimum wage as a cashier in a grocery store I came across this a lot. You'd have some poorly dressed people who clearly could barely afford their own clothing put some food on the conveyer belt. There would be a dozen boxes of mac n cheese followed by multiple bags of steamed lobsters and at least one 24-pack of beer. They would then pay for the mac n cheese (which was obviously for the kids) and the lobster with food stamps, and then pay cash for the beer. This bothered me for three reasons. First, I've been that kid. I grew up poor and I was that kid eating mac n cheese while parents were eating steak and such. Secondly, food stamps are to help you feed yourself, not make it easier to live a more luxurious lifestyle. Third, how can someone afford beer if they can't afford food? And don't even get me started on the young mothers that came in with their faux fir coats and $50 nails while using food stamps to buy dinner.

I hate people who take advantage of others. Sure, I can be an ******* at times, but I would never scam someone out of their money or belongings, and I wouldn't take advantage of someone else. I don't need to. I can survive honestly, even if I'm moody at times because of it.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:10 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak
If anyone sent this person something, couldn't this be mail fraud, a federal offense?
20g tall - planted FW with celestial pearl danios (and some fry!), amano shrimp, and a cute neon blue Endler.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:59 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone checked to see if this scam was posted on any other websites. He may have done this to them two!
From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
--William Shakespeare
Old 08-12-2006, 11:01 PM   #19
i warned the folks at TR
Old 08-12-2006, 11:36 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Activist
A real shame!!!

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com