Search engine not turning anything up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

new2fishes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have searched a number of different EXTREMELY common words "tetra" "crab" "red" "neon" "tank" and NOTHING turns up.
please helP! I really wanna search these forums!

I'm super new here and I've been having the same thing happen to me... since there's no specific betta section, I tried searching "betta" to see what posts had been made about them recently, and the search turned up no results... seemed really odd when there's even a tag for posts that's "betta" and clicking it turns up quite a few threads...

Could something be up with the search feature, or am I misunderstanding how to use it? :p

I'm super new here and I've been having the same thing happen to me... since there's no specific betta section, I tried searching "betta" to see what posts had been made about them recently, and the search turned up no results... seemed really odd when there's even a tag for posts that's "betta" and clicking it turns up quite a few threads...

Could something be up with the search feature, or am I misunderstanding how to use it? :p
Google

you can use google also.

Fact is the search function on this site is worthless. Complete waste of time.

is it coming up with too many results and not showing them? that happens on another forum.

If you're misunderstanding how to use it, most of the rest of us are too!

One thing to do that at least gets you *some* results is instead of just clicking the normal "Search" function in the banner area, click on the "Advanced Search" link.

When you're at the "Advanced Search" page, type in your search phrase or word, and instead of using the default "Search Entire Posts" tell it to "Search Titles Only". You at least get *some* results that way.

But for the most part, agree with Captain, and mgamer's suggestion of using Google is normally what I do. Just follow your search term in Google with "site:aquariumadvice.com" (without the quotes) and it will just search within the website.

there is something wrong with the search function big time. used to, i could search a username and bring up any thread they had posted in, now i cant, not even using the advanced search.

Glad to know it's not just me... lol. It kinda works on IE, but not Firefox. I'd rather give up on having internet than use IE though.

how about the IE plug in for firefox? odd it would work on ie but not firefox. google still seems the best bet for now.

Probably the coffee because for some reason I'll forget and go back .. search.. get nothing.. think it was me... try again.. then remember and start cursing, stomping, throwing things .. and move on.

Back
Top Bottom