Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-12-2002, 10:36 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via MSN to sunsplash76
separate f/w & s/w for photo contest

This is just my two cents, and maybe no-one else even cares, but I would like to have the photo of the month contest separated into one for s/w and another for f/w. I just think that there may be someone out there who has a really cute guppy or molly, but may not enter the contest because some big bad mushroom thing will blow it out of the water. s/w is very pretty and more folks take shots of them. It's hard to compare the two, and both have their own beauty. I'de like to have 2 be honored for the very different taste. An oscar would be awesome as photo of the month or even just a tiny neon, but would do better in my opinion not next to an extravagant reef fish. Are there any freshwater people out there who would like to enter, but feel a bit like the competition is to much? Does anyone else think the two would be better separate? Just my opine.
~Melissa~

Old 11-12-2002, 11:51 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
i agree. that is a very good point. whaddaya say fishfreek?

Old 11-12-2002, 11:59 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Topic moved to it's current forum
This is certainly an interesting idea, and I do believe it would get more fw entries...but I'm not sure it's feasable to have two photos on the front page. We'll discuss it and get back to ya'll. We may modify the idea, or implement it, or even start a poll to get more feed back.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 08:58 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via MSN to MaggiesGame
I think its a great idea, implementing the f/w somehow.
Old 11-13-2002, 10:06 AM   #5

As a guy who has STILL not posted a single pic , here's my idea. If you can't do 2 pics on front page, 1 month salt, next month fresh!

Splash is right, that reef stuff is too hard to compete with!
Old 11-13-2002, 10:16 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Couldn't you do a thumbnail of both winners on the front page?
Old 11-13-2002, 10:23 AM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealprater
i agree. that is a very good point. whaddaya say fishfreek?
Or more appropratly whaddaya say fishfreek & reefrunner69

This is my stance and I am sure kevin will say the same thing.

We (me and Kevin) simply run this site and keep things in order. The site is really made up by you the members. If the members want two contests then we will do two contests. We will listen to all suggestions on how to implment/manage the contests.

If its more popular option to alternate freshwater and saltwater entries then we can do that. If its to have smaller thumbnails on the front we can do that. If its to have the images alternate (have to figure how to do it first) we can do that also.

Maybe we take the images off the front page entirly and give them their own page?

What ever we do we have about 2 weeks to get it figured out so we can implment the change for the next month contest.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 11:04 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to hisc1ay Send a message via Yahoo to hisc1ay
Naw, don't take them off of the front page. I personally enjoy the idea of alternating months. It adds to the suspense of the month.

-j
Old 11-13-2002, 11:25 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to Grant R
Superb idea Melissa!!
I personally think we should have a winner for both the categories, each & every month. Two thumbnails on the homepage would probably the be the best way of doing it.
It's good, because IMO, reef & marine aquariums, are, by default, naturally a lot prettier, so categorising is a pucker solution !! 8)
Grant R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 12:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant R
categorising is a pucker solution !! 8)

Grant, please explain what the heck a "pucker solution" means to this dumb Yank.

I'm not up on all the British sayings these days!

Tags
contest, oto, photo

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com