Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-06-2004, 02:51 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Showing new posts in only certain forums?

Is there a way to subscribe or only show specific forums. This site is huge and reviewing new posts takes forever when you have to see all forums. I'd like to just see two or three forums in my profile for new posts since last login, is this possible or to remove the ones I don't want to see?

Thanks for any help?

Equipment: 33G SW Reef tank (pic), 192W Coralife PC lighting, PHs for H2O circulation, Red Sea Berlin Classic Skimmer
Aquascaping: 3" DSB, 50lb live rock (~35 lbs home made Cement Base Rock)
Clean Up Crew: Blue Leg hermits, Cerith snails, Astrea Snails, Stomatella snails, Brittlestar, banded brittles.
Critters: Hawaiian feather duster, Coral Banded Shrimp, Emerald Crab
Corals: Open Brain Coral, Cabbage coral, 4 RBTAs, Melon mushrooms, green Zoos, yellow polyps, finger Leather, orange Zoos, Brown Zoos, Chocolate Zoos, Xenia, GSP, Kenya Tree Coral, 2 acropora SPS, blue sponge, candy cane
Fish/Inverts: Maroon Clownfish, Scooter Blenny, Coral Beauty dwarf angel, Sea Hare
vertex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:53 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just goto those forums you wish to view and everything with an orange box next to it is new.

RogerMcAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:56 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

I know this can be done, but the preview of all new posts from the home page under your profile info is must nicer, it summarizes everything new in each forum, I'm am just hoping you could make this only show forums your interested in. Otherwise, you need to browse to 3 or 4 separate forums if you want to check for new content, not as easy thats all...

Thanks though, maybe it can't be done??

Equipment: 33G SW Reef tank (pic), 192W Coralife PC lighting, PHs for H2O circulation, Red Sea Berlin Classic Skimmer
Aquascaping: 3" DSB, 50lb live rock (~35 lbs home made Cement Base Rock)
Clean Up Crew: Blue Leg hermits, Cerith snails, Astrea Snails, Stomatella snails, Brittlestar, banded brittles.
Critters: Hawaiian feather duster, Coral Banded Shrimp, Emerald Crab
Corals: Open Brain Coral, Cabbage coral, 4 RBTAs, Melon mushrooms, green Zoos, yellow polyps, finger Leather, orange Zoos, Brown Zoos, Chocolate Zoos, Xenia, GSP, Kenya Tree Coral, 2 acropora SPS, blue sponge, candy cane
Fish/Inverts: Maroon Clownfish, Scooter Blenny, Coral Beauty dwarf angel, Sea Hare
vertex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 03:08 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Maybe it can, that was just a lazy response.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:34 AM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Actually, it can't, we have looked into this before and it's just not possible.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 09:41 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

One thing you can do, is to Watch certain forums. When you are watching a forum, you will receive an email (containing the contents of the new topic) for each new topic posted in that forum, provided you have email notification selected in your profile.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 11:02 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you choose to watch the forum, make sure you set an email filter to put all of the notifies into a specific AA folder, otherwise it might be very painful for your inbox.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com