Sigs...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xcrunner35

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This site is awesome but I think you guys need to set some sig rules. On other forums site I have been to they have sig rules that are based on a point system. 3 points for the whole sig. Like each line of tiny text is worth .5 points the next size up is worth 1 point then the next size up is 1.5 points and any line with an animation smilie has 1.5 points. Because the sigs on this forum take up more then all the posts combined and distract from the acual content. I really dont need to know about every tank you have every fish you have the water qualites of each of your 10 tanks and 3 links in huge font with animation telling me to go some place. Any one else have the same opinion as me or what?

Well I feel the same way. The problem is that signatures are limited by characters, and a verticle space only counts as one character, instead of a whole line. When users put their fish lists in a horizontal fashion rather than verticle, it comes out looking a whole lot cleaner. For example I have

20 gal
fish a
fish b
fish c
fish d

46 gal
fish r
fish q
fish x

or I could have

20 gal
Fish a, fish b, fish c

46 gal
fish r, fish q, fish x

Both are the same "lenght" but one takes up a lot less space.

We have discussed it, and for every person that doesn't like it there is one that does. I will say the same thing here that I said in the latest discussion of this in the staff forum....I do not have a problem with large sigs provided they serve a useful purpose.

ya you do make a good point about how if one person likes it there is always one person that doesn't like it aswell. So I guess that this is a no win situation for you guys and I just felt that some sigs are a little big and I will just have to get used to it. Why cant ppl edit their posts in this section of the forum?

ya I deffinatly think the horizontal version looks better IMO (I did mean to put this in my other post but I forgot)

How can you put links in your Sig?? I want to put one there so members can vote for AA. Then I can be cool like Jchillin..lol Is this something only certain people have access 2? I noticed when edited my Sig the html is turned off.

Wasn't there a change to the UA that said that sigs can't be longer than 12 lines long? There are still some out there that are longer than that. I'm not complaining, don't get me wrong, its just that if we have a UA in place, shouldn't it be enforced?

Fishyfanatic, We advisors and admins cant view every members sig daily. Remember sigs are a live creature that has the potental to change every day. We count on you the members to inform us when you sig a sig you feel is in violation of the rules either in lenght or content. Once we receve the notice we confirm its violation and contact the member.

Back
Top Bottom