Site performance problems?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm on dial up and it's zipping right along for me. When was the last time you cleared your cache??? What Browser are you using?? Is their any particular page your having a problem with? I noticed that our Award is missing from the home page, this is actually linked from another site, and when they have issues...it slows doen the front page. When we notice there is an issue we remove the code, hopefully that is all it was....

There is a problem with a banner exchange we have on the front door. We do have this banner exchange on the footer of every page on the fiappleblue style so this is what you maybe using.

Currently the page is waiting for that image to timeout before it draws the page. Aside from physiclly removing this link till they have the issues resolved its going to be slow. If your using the fiappleblue style then I would suggest a temp fix by changing your style.

Reefrunner - I'm on broadband with IE6 and have just cleared the cache. Hasn't helped.

Fishfreek - I'm using blacksoul style. If changing would help, what do you recommend changing to?

IM on my work connection with three T-1's and the site is just fine when browsing the forums. I am currently on blacksoul aswell so my only guess is that its localized someplace on your end. Probably at the ISP level.

The only page that should load slow for you is the Home page.

I have been browsing the forums moveing posts into the archive forums and have not noticed anythign slower than normal for me.

Course fisubtext will be as quick as any style we got since its hardly no grahpics.

FF, I am experiencing the same thing, and it is the new Affiliate banner you put on for SimAquarium Screen saver.....

it is the new Affiliate banner you put on for SimAquarium Screen saver

It appears on the main forum index and homepage. I am thinking of moving this to a seperate page entierly called Downloads.

Back
Top Bottom