Slow Load Times

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree, that's what I don't understand, why it is so slow for just this site.

Keep in mind, both cable and FIOS are on a shared "pipe" so the more folks on the pipe can slow down the traffic.

I agree, that's what I don't understand, why it is so slow for just this site.

ok.... the way i read it was like that could be a reason which to me wasnt logical. maybe i just read it wrong. just wanted to make sure it was clear. doesnt bother me i just hop on other sites but since its happening to others the more info out there the quicker the problem can be traced.

If it's happening in the dead of night, which it sounds like it is for a few of the folks regardless of browsers, then I'd guess it's a slowdown due to an automated backup of the forum database? Janet... could that be it?

I've been on since May and all was fine up until a couple of days ago I've noticed a major slow down and more often then not the page wont load. I have optimum online broadband (even though I hate cablevision it does work for a price)and have had this problem with both my Mac and Vista machine. Also note: this was occurring throughout the day into early evening. It's OK now but we will see what happens as the day progresses.

Last edited:
Ok,this is just weird!:uhoh: Since the time I posted my original post 10 days ago I have had no issues at all! No slow loading or non loading pages!

Before I posted, it did not matter what time of day it was, 98% of the time the page would time out! So, I write the post asking why, and the Internet gremlins must have seen my post and fixed it :shocked!: Should I be happy or creeped out? LOL :lol:
fies010.gif

Last edited:
I'd say just be happy! :) Like the old saying goes... If its not broke, don't fix it!

There might be a reason why it is loading better but one of the admins will have to answer that. Could just have been a temporary routing issue that was resolved.

True, I was just concerned because it went on for a couple of days. Now all is good.:D

Back
Top Bottom