Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-13-2009, 09:40 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Slow Load Times

I've only been a member here for a day or so, but I was wondering if the extreme load delays that I experienced all day long were normal here? I mean, It took 10 minutes for me to load up the forums & threads using two different browsers on a broadband connection.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:42 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Im going to guess its your connection. Ive been running fine all day. Is broadband phoneline based?

Old 04-14-2009, 01:42 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
What browsers are you using? I have never had lag times. You can try clearing your cookies and internet temp files and see if that helps.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:24 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishJedi View Post
I've only been a member here for a day or so, but I was wondering if the extreme load delays that I experienced all day long were normal here? I mean, It took 10 minutes for me to load up the forums & threads using two different browsers on a broadband connection.
If you're maxing out your connection downloading torrents of po...er, linux distributions, you might want to limit your download rate to ~80% of total max and limit your upload rate to about 70% of max, and it'll be ok.
To test if it _is_ your downloader, try stopping all torrent clients and accessing this site.

Clearing cookies and/or temp files won't really help at all.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

I was about to start a new post because I have the same problem all the time.

I have been on this forum for the past couple weeks and 99% of the time the posts wont load. Its either a blank page with the top logo, or it takes so long that my connection times out. I have cable Internet and this is the only site I ever have trouble with. I will hit the New Posts link and 99% of the time I have to hit reload about 4 times before anything comes up because I get the blank page or timed out. I had to reload twice to get this reply to load. If I get an email notice of a reply, I hit the link and it just does not load up. I use Firefox browser. I then tried this site with IE, but same thing. Is it maybe something in my protection properties? I have cleaned all my cashes, cookie, etc to no improvement.

After awhile I will just give up on the site because of this. I have not explored the site much because of this.

Any ideas??
Old 06-25-2009, 09:39 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

i have that trouble at night some times too dizzcat.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:05 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

For me it is any time I come on here. Even if it is the only program running. That is why I think maybe my Internet protection is blocking it or something??
Old 06-26-2009, 09:14 AM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

What browser are you using? I'm using latest firefox and have had no issues, at home or work. I'd be curious to see if we can figure this out. There has to be something on the user end. It seems like the site is fast in general for me.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:08 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Zakk Send a message via Yahoo to Zakk Send a message via Skype™ to Zakk
even i seem to be facing that problem. i'm on a 2mbps DSL line and quad core processor unit with 4GB ram. the other forums i log into dont take much time to load. i am guessing its slow due to the high traffic the forum has.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:27 PM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

We are on a dedicated 25mbps connection at work and there is no delay in navigating the pages on this site. Even from home on my comcast cable (10mbps) it is just as fast. I'm not sure what the server specs are for this site but I'm sure it is more than adequate for the amount of traffic.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com