So the update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stotts

Aquarium Advice Regular
Yeah it's pretty sweet, can't see any profile pictures lol

I miss the option to simply click threads you have started. The old platform was so much easier :(

If you go to the navigation menu, tap people, tap yourself, tap posts, then tap the down arrow and tap on topics, you can see all threads you've started. But, not everything is 100% functional right now, they're still in the process of working out all the kinks and getting everything switched over. Just be patient. I think everyone will appreciate the new app once it's 100% working. The old platform had so many issues that we spent so much time working on to correct. It's easy to say the old version was better, because everyone got used to that one. The new one is different, but once you get used to it, I'm sure you'll agree that it's much better.

The one thing I'm missing most is the ability to view "recents" showing the most recent posts from all categories, other than subscribed threads that is where I spent most of my time

The one thing I'm missing most is the ability to view "recents" showing the most recent posts from all categories, other than subscribed threads that is where I spent most of my time
Have you looked over the new sticky I put up yesterday that goes over how to use the new app? What you're looking for is there.

I just uninstalled the new version and the old one came back. I have an iPhone.

I tried the new version for a couple days and there is nothing I like better or find easier. I was actually getting frustrated every time I came on, instead of enjoying it as I have for over a year. Hopefully the old version will stay operational or they can get the new version working more like the old.

It's there, so long as the post hasn't locked for editing (it locks after 20 minutes). Mfdrookie's tutorial is here:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f9/ios-tapatalk-app-help-289701.html

I too miss the old functionality, but in time will get used to the new. No one ever likes it when interface changes, and then after a few months, people get used to it, and want to go back the next time there is an update :). Let's give it a chance and see if we can adjust. The old app had a lot of bugs and never really worked 100% through countless updates. Tapatalk has much higher ratings, and hopefully that will translate to a more bug free experience. But for now I agree, until I get used to the navigation I'll miss the old.

I didn't cover editing (will try and do that soon). If you look at how to report, it's the same process except you choose edit (obviously). Of course, editing is only available for a very short period of time

The only problem I'm having now is when I click the app to open it i just get a blank page? It usually takes two or three goes to get it open. Other than that I'm enjoying the change and can navigate it no problem.

53 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon African shrimp tank.

I noticed a possible bug when editing a post yesterday. I'm on the android version. I wish I could reproduce it now but I can't. I tried to edit a post within the 20 minute period, and it said invalid post id or something like that. After a few tries it worked, though. Other than that, I am liking the update. It looks a lot better than the clunky looking older version.

Thanks Max. We will report it. Let us know if it repeats and if it does take a screen shot of the error if you would. Merry Christmas!

Just wondering what's the procedure for posting pics in a thread?

When you're typing a reply, select the menu/more options button at the top (the dots) and then choose "attach picture" to upload one or "insert image link" if you're using a website like photobucket to upload your pictures to.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom