Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-19-2007, 05:30 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I have always loved this site although I am not on it as much as I used to be. For some reason I let getting married, work, and other non tank related activities get in the way~~~~ I have seen several of the other sites and IMO nothing even comes close to the level of friendly advice that is given here. Im game to do whatever is necessary to help out and get the site cranking again!

Old 12-19-2007, 08:28 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Who is the person designing the site and making the official decisions on the direction of the site??
Will there be more advertising on the site now to help fund the costs of running the sight??

Maybe every month The #1 voted on tank photo. The member would get a $100. DrFosters & Smith gift certificate( or any other supplier). I am sure there is definately a supplier out there willing to even give $100. away for free it would be money well spent for them to advertise there business to the Aquarium Advice members since most of us spend 1000's upon 1000's of dollars on suppllies the prize may not cost the website anything at all. And the odds are good if we had a 100 dollar gift certificate our order would end up being more and making that supplier money.

Just some thoughts I thought I would share.

FijiWigi_Tank_photos
120G Oscar tank in progress
fijiwigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:00 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Just to clarify, Fantasy Reef is not AA's sister site. It is an independant site. Not owned by the same people at all. Fantasy Reef is a great site, I too frequent there, but for me AA is still the best forum on the net. All ideas are mentioned are great and will be discussed with staff I am sure. Not promising anything as there is a new owner coming into the scene and I am sure that he will have many ideas of his own to bring to the site. The members here are what make AA the site it is and that isn't going to change. With more participation from the members the site is sure to flourish.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:03 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to black hills tj Send a message via MSN to black hills tj Send a message via Yahoo to black hills tj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagz
Just to clarify, Fantasy Reef is not AA's sister site. It is an independant site. Not owned by the same people at all. Fantasy Reef is a great site, I too frequent there, but for me AA is still the best forum on the net. All ideas are mentioned are great and will be discussed with staff I am sure. Not promising anything as there is a new owner coming into the scene and I am sure that he will have many ideas of his own to bring to the site. The members here are what make AA the site it is and that isn't going to change. With more participation from the members the site is sure to flourish.
Thanks for mentioning that Anne. I was confused, but have done some talking and things have been clarified for me

http://www.bhtj.net
black hills tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:10 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

No problem, several members frequent both sites and I think that is fantastic. Both sites have much to offer and the more we learn the more we have to gain and share.

-----------
Site Administrator
Old 12-19-2007, 11:02 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagz
All ideas are mentioned are great and will be discussed with staff I am sure. Not promising anything as there is a new owner coming into the scene and I am sure that he will have many ideas of his own to bring to the site.
This is the only site I frequent where I actually BELIEVE that the staff works for the community, and not just for the tag under their name. I can't imagine this changing and so I have complete faith that AA will continue on to be even better. 8)
Old 12-19-2007, 11:09 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks from all of us. We do love AA, all of the mods. Speaking from myself, AA got me completely addicted to both the tanks and the plant side of aquariums. I have a very soft spot for AA.

-----------
Site Administrator
Old 12-20-2007, 12:01 PM   #18
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
I agree with Anne, I can't stand to see fish tanks get shot/broken or damaged in movies....LOL!!!
Keep up the ideas and the input. I think it is a great way to help the site grow and flourish!

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com