Stopping emails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
I get a bunch of emails everyday. How do I disable getting them Everytime I get a PM or someone posts something? I use the app btw

Sillyfishies said:
I get a bunch of emails everyday. How do I disable getting them Everytime I get a PM or someone posts something? I use the app btw

I've been wondering that same thing. :) I'm always using my iPhone or iPad & I haven't found a way to disable them on those. I'm guessing you have to go through the actual website. Hopefully someone who knows will reply.

Yep you need to go to the site and to the user cp. Click edit options and scroll to "default subscription mode". Change the thread subscription to 'no email notification' via the drop down menu.

Last edited:
God not the emails! When I am doing work I'll check my emails and my inbox would be full! Luckily I stopped it ages ago though.

Samzter said:
God not the emails! When I am doing work I'll check my emails and my inbox would be full! Luckily I stopped it ages ago though.

I'm still getting them even after I made the change. Hmmm. Either I did something wrong or it takes time to go into effect. Dang it.

Try going here and turning Default Thread Subscription Mode to No e-mail notification. That will prevent you from getting new ones in the future. For example, even if you cleared out all your current subscriptions, if you don't change this setting, the next time you post in a thread it will subscribe (& email) you again.

meegosh said:
Try going here and turning Default Thread Subscription Mode to No e-mail notification. That will prevent you from getting new ones in the future. For example, even if you cleared out all your current subscriptions, if you don't change this setting, the next time you post in a thread it will subscribe (& email) you again.

That's what I did this morning. :)

Not Seeing it . . .

Did you also go here and check all the threads and then choose No e-mail notification from the drop-down menu?

AAAhh - HAAA! FOUND IT at the bottom of the reply screen. Dang I've been looking EVERYWHERE!!

I guess I have to go into EACH thread I'm currently subscribed to, click reply and then select no e-mail notification? Glad I don't have a lot of current subscriptions. :brows:

From the link you quoted you can put a checkmark in the box beside the thread's name and then mass-unsubscribe.

Back
Top Bottom