suggestion box

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cogburn

Aquarium Advice Freak
just thinking... there are so many questions pertaining to cycling that i was thinking maybe freshwater and saltwater could have their own sections respectively dedicated solely to cycling questions... just a thought... thanks for listening :cool:

Imo, cycling is a straightforward process, but most of the posts regard the fish during the cycle, which normally go into the getting started or unhealthy fish categories.

The Cycling questions should fall into the Getting Started forum as Krap101 mentioned. I get what you are saying, but then we would have specialty forums for Old Tank Syndrom and then a Live Bearer forum and so on. There are articles that pertain to cycling in the Articles Section.

I too was thinking about something like this. I was thinking more along the lines of making a new sticky thread. Make it a one-stop resource for cycling. I know we have (at least I have) answered the same questions time and time again. We could be lazy and tell them to search for the posts but we instead retype our advice. What is preventing us from making a good sticky with everything you need to know? I might work on this some when I get some free time.

There is a sticky on FW fishless cycling. A few corrections need to be made, though, as I get time. There is also a article on cycling but we do not discourage contributions :) PM me if you would like to sign up as an author.

The stickies that are in place are great, don't get me wrong. I just think we/I could add some more to it. I've just noticed a lot of "Is my tank cycled yet?" threads popping up, not just on the FW side, but the salties too. I made some handwritten notes of things I thought needed expanded upon but of course they are at home now.

I figured that since this site has helped me so much over the years, the least I could do is contribute some articles. I am not an expert by any means but I have cycled/seeded many friends tanks over the years that I know the ins and outs of the cycling process now. I'd say I have done a complete 360 since I started, I cycled with fish in the tank and now I do fishless cycles. I always have a bottle of ammonia near if I hear any friends getting a new tank I will lend my helping hand, even if it isn't welcomed all the time. LOL :)

Back
Top Bottom