Suggestion: Species Specific subforums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yeti

Aquarium Advice Freak
I dunno if this is the right place for this but I was just suggesting something and dont want to step on any toes or anything..

What do you think of Species Specific subforums? Create a Main forum titled someting like "FW- Species Specific" (and of course the SW guys get one too)

Break it down like:

FW- Species Specific (main Forum)
- Barbs
- Betta Fish
- Catfish
- Characins
- Cichlids
- Cyprinids
- Freshwater "Sharks"
- Gouramis
- Killifish
- Livebearers
- Loaches
- Tetras
- Hybrid Fish
- Arowana
- Hatchetfish
- Rainbowfish

whatcha think? It would make it a lot easier and more organized but thats why im not a mod =)

Hate to make it feel like we are shotting it down so fast but realisticly one has to ask how frequent would a post be in each subforum? We have some subforums now where we feel they make sense. IE the care may be more specific than with other of the same water type.

Going to this degree can also be of issue with new people to the hobby as they might feel overwhelmed and not know where to post a question.

I agree. We would have WAY too many subforums. By the time you hit Freshwater you have to dive into Saltwater then brackish. And then onto plants. IMO it's less cluttered when you have fewer subforums.

eh I guess, ive seen other forums that way but thats probably the reason they arent very active and it takes a week to get a reply on anything =)

Yeti said:
It would make it a lot easier and more organized but thats why im not a mod =)

Don't be discouraged, a lot of the sub-forums that exist now were the result of suggestions by members and not mods.

I'm actually surprised that you listed cichlids as a sub-forum because we do have that presently. It was felt that since cichlids are pretty diverse and come from both hemispheres, they deserved a separate forum.

Back
Top Bottom