Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dylan5359

Aquarium Advice Addict
I think it would be cool if we added the like it option of a thread and comment. It seems like a stupid Facebook idea, but this would stop the +1and other useless one word phrases moderators get crazy about. The person would just simply "like" it. It's just an idea to make the moderators life easier, and let them worry about other things besides "1 liners".

I think it is a great idea Dylan! I will make sure it gets passed on.

Well, IMO, that's kind of what the reputation button is. If you want someone to know you agree with it, give them rep if it's good solid advice. If you must post, +1 it... but make sure you follow up with why you agree and any other advice you may have for the thread. JMO of course.

A lot of people don't really know how to do that. (especially people using the app, which is like 40 % of the community.) Having a simple "like" button would help out with the unnecessary "+1 , one liners". I understand where your coming from though, rook.

Am I wrong in saying that rep is more for when good advice is given and not so much as you agreeing. I understand that you would agree with good advice so they kinda go hand in hand. However, I feel like when I ask a question and get a great response that it's my duty to give that person rep but if I'm just joining in on the conversation it's not really my place. Maybe it's just personal preference but that's they way I look at it. I really like the "like" button or something to that affect separate from rep. Great idea Dylan!

mfergusonjr, That is also how I see/use the rep icon. But also agree with Dylan and like the "like" button :)

I have noticed lately people asking for rep, wether it be in the text or in their signature, not cool IMO!! however I have seen once in someones signature the explanation of reputation points and how to use it, that IMO is good :)

Well, IMO, that's kind of what the reputation button is. If you want someone to know you agree with it, give them rep if it's good solid advice. If you must post, +1 it... but make sure you follow up with why you agree and any other advice you may have for the thread. JMO of course.

+1 ;).

First off, I bet Facebook® has the "like" button element registered and AA would get their virtual hand slapped for adding it (even in an oddball form). Since app users can't see rep, add rep and other elements including ongoing problems, I think the devs need to work on getting the app up to speed before adding more elements that app users won't be able to view or use.

I still can't get the droid app to post my signature, so if they could fix that I'd give them a +1 and smiley face lol.

Yeah AA might get hit with a law suit if they included the "like" button, so why not just a "agree" button and a "disagree" button? That really isn't Facebook at all, and I doubt they would try to sue for something barely related to their idea and site. It's not like AA is competing with them anyway, it's a fish hobbiest site. Lol

Dylan5359 said:
Yeah AA might get hit with a law suit if they included the "like" button, so why not just a "agree" button and a "disagree" button? That really isn't Facebook at all, and I doubt they would try to sue for something barely related to their idea and site. It's not like AA is competing with them anyway, it's a fish hobbiest site. Lol

I think the "disagree" button is unnecessary. If you agree click the "agree" button. If you disagree, reply to the thread, "quote" the post and tell us why you disagree.

Back
Top Bottom