supporting member question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwandrsn

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I use the Android app and when I add photos it goes under attachments. It says quota reached. If I become a supporting member how many more app uploads will I have? It says I have 20mb worth right now

You go from 25 to 1000

If you go to the regular site and log in go to user cp on the left side it says subscriptions and it will give you all the info that a supporting member gets compared to a none support

Last edited:
All I see is more profile album photos you go from 25 photos to 1000.

The photos I upload using the app goes under attachments not album photos it says I'm using 20mb with 300 attachments

Here's a easy way to to look at IMHO.

You can upload all the pics you want to your albums and then just link your albums or specific album to that post/thread or use Flickr or other photo site.

Or become a supporting member. Remember becoming a supporting member is more then just PM space and upload image space.

Your showing support for a forum that you use often, gain knowledge, meet new people and even make new friends!

Just a thought....

Here's a easy way to to look at IMHO.

You can upload all the pics you want to your albums and then just link your albums or specific album to that post/thread or use Flickr or other photo site.

Or become a supporting member. Remember becoming a supporting member is more then just PM space and upload image space.

Your showing support for a forum that you use often, gain knowledge, meet new people and even make new friends!

Just a thought....

Yeah I'm going to join anyways just trying to figure out if the app attachments go up or if I need to use a photo upload site. I tried direct upload but it took forever to get the pic up :)

+1 I was at my limit and then became a supporting member. The amount you can attach threw the app is a heck of a lot more. When you go onto the actual website go into your user cp. then you will be able to select attachments on the left hand side and it will tell you how much room you have left. Of course it will fill up eventually which like con said you can then link from your albums onto selected threads. Unfortunately that can only be done on the actuall website. There is no way to link using the phone apps I've tryed and failed.

+1 I was at my limit and then became a supporting member. The amount you can attach threw the app is a heck of a lot more. When you go onto the actual website go into your user cp. then you will be able to select attachments on the left hand side and it will tell you how much room you have left. Of course it will fill up eventually which like con said you can then link from your albums onto selected threads. Unfortunately that can only be done on the actuall website. There is no way to link using the phone apps I've tryed and failed.

I was able to use direct upload app and it copies link for you I just took forever for the upload to show up

There is a limit for supporting members as well, though I am not exactly sure what it is. It takes hundreds of photos to reach it, I can tell you that. I haven't seen anyone get to it yet.

EDIT: I just checked, and convict has the most attachments on the site with 1262 photos. Dino, have you reached your limit yet?

Last edited:
Direct upload app? What is that. Fort thats good to hear we all love sharing pics. I haven't put a pic in the potm cause the hubby is away with the lap top so I'm strictly using my phone and can't link. I have the pic selected though. Lol

There is a limit for supporting members as well, though I am not exactly sure what it is. It takes hundreds of photos to reach it, I can tell you that. I haven't seen anyone get to it yet.

EDIT: I just checked, and convict has the most attachments on the site with 1262 photos. Dino, have you reached your limit yet?

If you reach your limit as a supporting member is there no way to delete stuff or reset it?

Well, we don't delete attachments any more. It was causing way too many problems with continuity in threads. I don't think there is a way to reset it though there might be. I don't think we have come to that bridge yet :)

I believe the idea was basically to make it unlimited - though some limit had to be put in the box. Like I said I am not exactly sure how high our tech folks set the limit, though it is pretty large. The only way you could probably really get there realistically would be to attach a bunch of videos.

Haha figures it be me lol!! But no, I haven't reached my limit yet lol. What would I do if I couldn't post pics haha!!

Back
Top Bottom