The Chat Room is Back!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Devilishturtles

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm happy to say, the chat room is back up and running!

We are working on placing a link on the Navbar for quick access to chat, but now you can get to it from the "Quick Links" drop down menu on the blue bar at the top of screen. Just click on "flash chat" and you are in.

For anyone who used to use the IRC chat, I do not believe it is going to be connected to this chat room, but that is still being confirmed.

As with everything, there are a few known bugs that still need to be worked out, but chat is fully functional and ready to enjoy. If you happen to come across anything wrong, please let one of us know.

Thanks! (and yes, celebration can begin)

Neilan- It may not be possible to link the chat to mIRC. The TechAdmin is looking into it and if it doesn't happen, it's because there isn't a way to connect the two.

Looks like you "forgot" to fill in the info on your 125 reef tank! LOL!

I took a look at the chat room and to be completely honest I felt like a fish out of water - For anybody who may be curious, I am not computer literate. I mean I've heard of chat rooms before but I don't know anything about them - How to join - How to operate them - What do I do ETC, ETC, -- Can anybody help me out with instructions on it? And I guess the most important question is -- I'm a newbie here, am I allowed in the chat room? :confused:

I just attempted to access the chat room however it will not let me in. Im logged in, and when i click chat it says another user is logged in under my name ! very weird

I took a look at the chat room and to be completely honest I felt like a fish out of water - For anybody who may be curious, I am not computer literate. I mean I've heard of chat rooms before but I don't know anything about them - How to join - How to operate them - What do I do ETC, ETC, -- Can anybody help me out with instructions on it? And I guess the most important question is -- I'm a newbie here, am I allowed in the chat room? :confused:

Yes of course you are allowed in chat. For starters all you have to do is type in the box and hit enter. There are many other features that will be better explained while in chat. If I am online the next time you go in, pm me and I will join you and walk you through any questions you have.

JoshsReef said:
I just attempted to access the chat room however it will not let me in. Im logged in, and when i click chat it says another user is logged in under my name ! very weird
Try logging out and logging back in and let me know if that works. Also have you been to the chat room before this attempt?

Logging off and logging back in worked. I have been in the chat room before, not really sure what was going on, I thought it was rather wierd.

Josh, the same thing happened to be and logging in and out didn't work. I'll bring this up to the techadmin incase it's a behind the scenes glitch.

Do you have your cookies set to refresh every time you view the page? If not the cookies will not update and that may be part of the problem.

I've used this software before with other forums, and it is important to log out of change by clicking on the x in the upper right hand corner of the chat (not the window). If you just close the window, it will leave you in the chat as a ghost and can cause issues. Not sure if this caused your issues, but it may have contributed.

Im having problems attempting to get into the chat room again. Not sure what is going on, but it again says someone is already in there under my name - a ghost I guess , lol !

Back
Top Bottom