The "Tank Info" Feature is Back!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An t-iasg

Aquarium Advice Addict
We have the ability once again to show other members our tank information!

To enter your tank info, click on the User CP button in the navigational toolbar found at the top of any page. Find "Edit your details" near the top and click on it. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the "My Tanks" block. Enter information about your tanks here. You can include details such as number and types of fish, tank size, and type of filtration. Click on "Save Changes" when you're done.

When you have entered your tank info, the highlighted phrase "My Tanks" will appear in your avatar block. When other members click on it, they can see what you've entered. Until you have entered some information, this area remains blank in your avatar block.

This feature is helpful when others respond to your posts - all your relevant tank information is there to help the other members give a response that is tailored to your tank.

Just be aware that you can't fill up that entire "My Tanks" field with text. It'll only accept about three and a half lines.

Glitch...

Always appears around first post of page. (Just clicked on Zagz's 'My Tanks' and it popped up by the OP.)

Running Safari 3- dunno if that makes a difference?

Thanks to the tech folks! That looks like it's working great. Now we just have to get used to using it again!!

(PS... using Firefox there's no browser issues here that I can see.)

Thanks to the tech folks! That looks like it's working great. Now we just have to get used to using it again!!

(PS... using Firefox there's no browser issues here that I can see.)

Me either!

Now that the "My Tanks" feature can accept more than four lines, everyone who had their entries shortened can now go back and type the rest of your info in. I see some "My Tank" blocks that are truncated to four lines. You have to go back in to your profile and retype your information. Click "Increase size" at the bottom of the block to make it bigger. Don't forget to click on "Save" when you're done.

Back
Top Bottom