tips for the calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

talloulou

Aquarium Advice Addict
Are the pictures usually very professional looking? I know we have some people on this board who could or do make a living with their mad photography skills. Is that mostly the type of pics you are looking for? I guess what I am asking.....when it comes to submissions is it the more the merrier or do you really only want stuff from people who have mad skills? :p Also is there a way online to see samples of stuff that was chosen last year?

If I'm not mistaken, quality is job #1. In other words, the photos should be a sharp in detail as possible. Given the size requested (1800x2300), that should not be a problem.

I don't think a calendar was done last year.

Oh, and moving this to Site/help forum.

No calendar was done last year. There is no real critera other than first image size. An image that is only 800x600 no mater how crisp really wont be consitered because it would end up filling only about 1/3ed of the page. This is one of those calendars where its 8X11" in size and the top page is the image and then the bottom page is the calendar. We are hoping to get images that will fill the page nearly 100% or 100%. Aside from that we are looking for a good mix of images.

One final bump...

Submission deadline is midnight Oct 20th. Any image submitted after that point will not be included in the selection process.

We have also come to the conclusion that we will be offering TWO calendars. One for the saltwater enthusiasts and one for the freshwater.

They will be priced at $16.99 and will include 12 high resolution images taken from our own members tanks. Each photo will include a tag line simular to this

SCIENTIFIC NAME - COMMON NAME
Photo supplied by: YOURNAMEHERE

Back
Top Bottom