Trying to make an avatar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimberly

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I can't figure out how to make my avatar as clear as everyone else's is. By the time I get it to 125 x 125 pixels it is 8.77 kb and it looks fuzzy. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Thanks. This picture might just be too big, but I really like it. :)

Attachments

21.1 KB · Views: 30
I still think you are awesome, but the width is 126 and when I adjust it to 125 I lose all the clarity again. :(

Whatever utility your using to save the images is compressing them too much. I fixed it, the utility I used to resize the image was set to a max W or H of 125, but for some reason it anchored on the width and that caused the height 1 pixel (actually only a percentage of the pixel) larger than 125. Anyway, I fixed it and added a bit more PhotoShop magic and added it as your avatar.

BTW, I just noticed that you asked for an original picture. Sorry about that! I am sure that you don't need it now. I am using my husband's computer (mine died recently) and his photo software drives me nuts. He has PhotoSuite 7. I had Adobe Premiere 6. Since it doesn't look like we will be replacing my computer I guess I should just put it on his computer.

Thanks again. You are a photo magician! :)

The avatar that I selected was denied. I am not sure what the problem was as there we about 5 listed. How do I do this? I use Paint Shop Pro to resize. What are the parameters?

Width can be no greater than 125 pixels, the height no greater than 125 pixels, and the file size no more than 12 KB.

I dont understand what you say when you say it was denied. Nor do I understand what you mean by having 5 listed.

Unfortunately I have deleted the e-mail. I tried to submit an avatar photo but it may have been too big and was turned down. There were 5 possible reasons listed as to why it was denied. I can't remember all of them. I will try again.

Are you trying to place an avatar in your profile? There is only a couple reasons for it to be rejected and that is a either size or the wrong format (ie: non .jpeg).

And it wouldnt send an email telling you so. This is why I cant understand where or how you tried to put one in.

Back
Top Bottom