UPDATE: Still under construction...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy R

Administrator
Site Team
I just wanted to make a quick post and let you all know where we are in the conversion process. As many of you know, we converted the software running our community from phpBB (a free open source forum software) to vBulletin (a commercial forum software). The conversion will provide us with many modern features to help everyone share knowledge.

I am not finished with the conversion but wanted to get the site open as soon as possible. You can now access the forums, photo gallery, and product reviews. I will be working on getting the database/profile information back and more integration of all the software so that we can see all the info being posted in different areas of the site in an easier manner.

As a result of this upgrade we have tons of new features. They include some social networking features like connecting with friends, the ability to customize your profiles, social groups, keyword tagging. None of these have been configured and I will work with you all to find out how we want to set things up and then tweak the system based on your feedback.

So please excuse the mess as this is still a work in progress. I just wanted to get the site back up asap so everyone can get back to chatting.

I will post more in the next few days with details of changes, overviews of new features, etc.

Thanks for your patience during this evolutionary phase for Aquarium Advice. I look forward to working with everyone to foster the community in 2008!

Kind Regards,

Andy R

Thanks Andy, I'm sure this was no small task. I'll be very interested to see what you do with the forum in the future. To be perfectly frank, we're all a little nervous about the new management (which I'm sure you've read), but I'm excited to see where you take this community.

BTW, like the new banner

Last edited:
Thanks for the kinds words so far. There is still a lot of work needed but we were down long enough, so I really just wanted to get the boards back open.

The new banner was already being used in the photo gallery and review section. I though I would use that one since it takes up less vertical space then the old one which was more square. Over time the header will be redone to make navigation through the site a lot easier.

Nice job, I know what a pain it is to convert from one program to another and still retain the database. You have done a great job so far!

Back
Top Bottom