Upload troubles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drewbles99

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all,

I have been trying to upload some images but I keep getting a blank white screen after I click submit and it processes the image. Is this router related? Please help!

Thanks in advance,

Drewbles

photo_23.jpg was 361 kb, there is a 250 kb file size limit. I removed the two photos that were stuck, resize your image and try again, try and keep it well under 240 kb, sometimes the site estimates different than your computer ;)

Well thanks for the help, but I tried to upload the image at 139k and I got the same result. Not sure what's wrong.

Thanks in advance... again :)

Before deleting it out of your upload folder, I downloaded the picture via ftp and opened it in PS. it had a resolution of 144 ppi and was 1500+ pixels wide. I can see photo post having difficulty with such an image. I have seen some upload at 1024 pixels on the longest axis as well as 1200, but don't think I have ever seen anyone upload at 144 ppi. I typically resize to 96 ppi, although nothing over 72 is necessary, that is what photoshop defaults at, and a max of 800 pixels on it's longest axis, and have no problem. When I resampled your image to 72 ppi and uploaded it to your galery, via the photopost interface, I had no issues. The photo is in your gallery now.

Thanks so much!

Of course I already tried sending up another photo that was probably to high in resolution as well.

Sorry for the trouble, this has been an education.

I emptied your upload folder again, after you receive the white screen, simply post back in here, no other photos will upload until the folder is cleared.

what is the difference between ppi and dpi?

I have this crumy software, Jasc Paint Shop Photo Album and it won't let me adjust the ppi anywhere.

Ok, so I was able to adjust to 96ppi in HP photo software and I uploaded without getting the white screen of death... I still don't see the picture anywhere?! Is there a delay in posting?

All pictures must be approved before they are displayed.

ppi = pixels per inch (screen resolution)
dpi = dots per inch (printing resolution)

For the most part they are used incorrectly and interchangeably.

Back
Top Bottom