Viruses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foster53

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is anyone else picking up computer viruses from this site? I have picked up several that my AVG caught.Just wondering. Hope things get resolved soon.

I have had several pop up AVG alerts of potential virus infections. I think one got past my AVG. When I try to get into any site I visit it will redirect my server to some off the wall place:facepalm:

It is most likely you picked it up elsewhere and the symptoms seem to point here.

You should take your system offline and do a complete scan (from read only media).

You have spyware. Download Spybot search and destroy and malwarebytes from download.com and run them to rid yourself of these infections. Download.com is ran by Cnet a subsidiary of the fox news network so there safe to download from. I own a business repairing computers. Also if you use comodo firewall with there DNS secure servers you won't get those redirect attacks.

The three that show up on my threat alerts are Trojan Horse, Javascript exploit, and Blackhole Exploit. My son is coming over today to clear the computer, and start over. I will show him the links you told me about. I am currently using AVG, and AD-Aware.Thanks for the info:cool:

Back
Top Bottom