Welcome to new members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
We at aquarium advice would like to take the opportunity to welcome all the new members that have joined the site recently. This is a very exciting time for the site, we are growing by leaps and bounds, we just completed a server move that was brought on cause our tremedously growing activity almost crashed our previous hosts server, sorry for them but WHOOT for us ;)

You'll find that this site has many features, I'm gonna attempt to name a few, but I'm sure I'll miss some and hope our other members will pipe up with there favorites that I've left off ;)

-We have several different styles (skins or looks) to choose from, you can acess this feature from the home page in the upper right of the page under your user name, or you can change the style in your edit profile page.

-Each member is allotted 2 MB of space in the photo gallery to upload pics of your tank, fish, yourself, car (basically whatever you want to display here, provided it is clean), so feel free to check out our gallery. If one MB isn't enough, more gallery space is available through our Alumni program. You can become an Alumni member by making a monetary donation to the site. Instructions to upload to the gallery can be found here.

-Members are allotted an additional 2 MB of upload space to the forums, this space can also be upgraded the same as the gallery space. Uploads are easily managed by clicking on the profile button on any of your posts. While in the view profile view, in the bottom right of the page will be a link to Users Attatchment control panel, click that link and you can manage your uploads to the forums. Instructions to upload to the forums can be found here.

-Each month Aquarium Advice holds a Freshwater and a Saltwater photo contest. Each winning photo will be displayed on the home page for a month winning photos will also be featured in a printed calandar which will be available for purchase towards the end of the year ;) Click here for contest rules.

-Has someone here helped you? Do you want to reward them with more than just a thank you? We have a little thing called kudos. Click here to learn more about them.

-Have something of local interest, or want to get to know other hobbyests from your area? We have Regional Forums, if we do not have one for your area, why not start one? Click here for more info.

-Are you reading the posts and thinking, these guys talk in code...what's with all the abbreviations?? Well here is your guide to unlock the mysteries of fish geek speak ;) We also have something very exciting coming in the next few days to a week, which will make abbreviations a breeze ;)

-Make sure you check out our articles section here.

-We have compiled a few profiles on some FW and SW fish, we encourage members to submit profiles of their favorite fish, do you have a fish you would like to research and profile? Go ahead!! To submit the profile, simply pm it to an advisor or admin and we will review it and then possibly post it, giving you full credit and some kudos to boot.

-Review products as well as retailers on our Product Review page.

-Each month we put out a newsletter, you can sign up to receive our newsletter on the Homepage.

-Got something new for your tank? Post it in our New Aquisitions forum ;)

There are many more features to the site, so come on gang, help me out here...kudos for features that haven't been mentioned ;)
And again to all our new members....
schild27.gif

you can also vote for the site

if you click through aquarank link on home page ;) even though we know they are the best it is nice when they move up in the ranks so more people can find them...p.s. you can click through and vote once a day:)

Back
Top Bottom