What do you think of a printed aquarium advice calander.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok folks, Aaron and I need your help. We are looking for feedback. We have the opportunity to create a printed calandar, with no minimum orders. I had the idea, that we could use some submitted photos to make up an impromptu calandar for this year, and for next year, we could use the 12 photo contest winners. We would actually have a FW and a SW calandar available next year, for 2004. We could place a poll of the 12 winners to see which one got the honor of the cover. All this sound great right? OK here is the catch.....The photos have to be a minimum of 11.5 X 9 at 150 dpi. This is a different ratio than most digital cameras produce, my camera produces a pic that if changed from 72 dpi to 150 dpi, at 1800 X 1350 is 12 X 9. This means one inch on each side will be cropped as well as 1/2 inch from the top and bottom. Most pics can withstand this much cropping, but... I have volunteered to resize all photos to the appropriate sizes, but I need the full size photos. So what we would need from now on, is the pics to be submitted in a minimum of 1800 X 1350 @ 72dpi, as well as the 640 X 480 the contest requires. We would also need past winners to submit the photos in the appropriate sizes. Basically, I was wondering if there would be any interest in this at all. I think it would make a nice prize for the contest winners, as well as a tool to support this site. So what do ya think? Sound off here, we need your help.

Too Cool !!! 8)

I would be interested in the calendars.

Also, scattered throughout, I think it would be great to have;

* Tips and Tricks (maybe one each month)
* Maybe checkboxes for maintenance, check water, change/clean filter etc.
* Maybe profiles of a couple of members (no indepth personal stuff) but the typical age, state/country, other hobbies, pets, aquarium stories, etc...

I don't know, but you get the idea. The options are endless.

Count me in.

We appreciate the support. I think those are wonderful suggestions, but I'm afraid they aren't possible with the format we are using. There are ways I could provide the photo winners profile for the calandar, and that is something I hadn't considered but will definitely incorporate it.
Thankyou.

We will need the large photos submitted off line. IE via e-mail because the site has a upload limit of 125KB and an image that size will be MUCH larger than that file size limit.

At this time (ie the 2003 calendar) we will only be able to talk about photos. In upcomming years we may be able to do some customizing but this year given the time crunch to get something ready before the end of the year we will only be able to do a photo calender.

A custom calendar made for our members and visitors by our members.

Great Idea, Let me know when you want pics I will be glad to contribute.
Put my name on the order list

calendars

Outstanding idea. I will take some and I think we might get some for the store...have to talk to owner about it.
Logan J

Wicked idea, has my full backing.
As time goes on, you will gain new ideas and learn from aspects that could of been better or erroneous on previous calendars.

Top notch ! 8)

The photo contest was ended early caues I goofed. I forgot what day of the week it was.

We still need photos submitted for the contest to be of 640x480 size but the winner will be asked to provide the FULL original image for inclusion into the calendar.

Back
Top Bottom