What does "Premium Member" mean?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And then when they get chosen to be a mod, they stop posting/helping! (Except for BigJim, that is)

Thanks dk. :lol:

Mentors are moderators with less responsibility and none of the cool superpowers. We're here to help. The mentor status just gives us a little street cred.

I'll stick up for my fellow mentors and the mods. It's really easy to get jaded and not feel the need to respond to the 378th thread titled "Help, my fish are dying!" if a fellow AA member has it adequately covered. People here are busy at work or school. I just have the luxury of a desk job with down time while running reports and stuff, so I get to a lot of new threads first..

Reactions: HN1
And then when they get chosen to be a mod, they stop posting/helping! (Except for BigJim, that is)

Not always.

Sometimes you just have to pick your battles. You have to read a post and any responses then determine if they are truly out for advice or just lifeless and trolling.

I limit myself these days because
1) still a newly wed
2) I've been in tremendous pain lately
3) working at setting up the river tank (yep, I'll have pics)
4) I'm finding myself more and more snarky towards certain types of people. My tolerance for things has hit an all time low.

But I still luvs ya' darby :)

And sometimes we get promotions about the same time as becoming a mentor... and with those promotions come more time at work meaning less time at home. And, to add to that, some of us dont have the luxury of being able to surf AA at work... My work locks down anything and everything not related to work, including google!

I wish I had more time to spend here. I concentrate the majority of my posting to the cichlid forum, but still check around in all the fw forums. I do admit that most of the time, by the time I am able to get on here, the majority of threads have been answered by the members here.

When I went to the link posted by mdf it said:

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community does not have any paid subscriptions available to which you can subscribe.

I always figured the premium member meant you could kick in some bucks somewhere to support the site, like PBS without the blatant pleas for cash.

Is this for reps from the advertisers on the site only?

Before AA was sold there was a time that you could make donations to help keep the site going. After it was sold there was a discussion about 'paid subscriptions' that gave those users some benefits like increased disk space for gallery photos and private messages. That did not go over. When mdf posted that link I realized that it was still there, though there is no program for it. I alerted the site owner and the page was taken down.

I also go through phases of posting here depending on what is going on at work. There have been times I've been absent for several months or just minimally checking. Recently I have some additional time to chat with all the great members we have here.

Happy New Year everyone!

I assumed that was the paid subscriptions for vendors... my bad, but glad I was able to sorta point you to something that shouldn't have been there :)

+ 10,!! To all mentors /moderators. Thanks guys and gals.

But it is true all people make possible these forums, people like Darby that always help also.

Back
Top Bottom