?!?!?!WHAT DOES STICKY MEAN?!??!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angels004

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey im new here...and i havent quite been able to find out what "sticky" means!

please help! :?

well... sticky is sticky. lol

1. Having the property of adhering or sticking to a surface; adhesive.
2. Covered with an adhesive agent.
3. Warm and humid; muggy: a sticky day.
4. Informal. Painful or difficult: a sticky situation.
5. Economics. Tending to remain the same despite changes in the economy. Used of prices or wages.

lol

too literal

sticky is a post that is necessary to stay 1st its a neccessity unlike our common posts

It's all good Angels004. It took me about a month before I figured out what Kudo's were.

HAHA. They are points that you earn by posting messages and topics. For instance, right now you have 41 Kudos. Everytime you make a post you get 1 Kudo. Everytime you make a topic, you get 2 Kudos (I believe). People can donate Kudos to each other for giving them advice or for whatever reason. You just click on the donate button (it is below your name under Kudos) and enter in however many kudos you want to give. For instance, I just gave you 10 Kudos so you went up to 51. You can not give yourself Kudos. To give others Kudos you click on the donate button under their name. Get it?

lol i was donating u 10 kudos & i didnt read the last part where u gave me 10 kudos lol so dont think im rejecting them i was just donating because of the info. thanks fishyfanatic & Rudy_627 :mrgreen:

i finally decided to get another sn (this is angels004) because my other one angels004 wouldnt let me post a comment on peoples gallery pics!!

You can't reject Kudos....can you? Well, I guess if you give them back.....but no, I don't see it as rejecting them. :D Just a little appreciation gift. In fact, I remember someone have a simliar thread about this several months back where they were tossing out like 50 kudos to each other just for the heck of it. :D

How are you trying to post a message? Are you sure that you are signed on when trying to type it?

Moving to site help/feedback. Please create new topics in the site help/feedback forum for your differnt issues. Lumping them all into one thread will limit the amount of help given.

For example if I was busy I would have skipped over a two page post on what a sticky is. In just scanning this post I see three unique questions being asked.

A forum STICKY:

A 'STICKY' post is a post that is given special priority to display at the top of the page. These posts are deemed to be important enough to be at the top post listings on the particular forum. Stickys are different from announcments in that they will only appear on the first page where as an announcment will appear on ALL forum pages.

Back
Top Bottom