WHAT is this coming out of my guppy’s anus??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hannah280

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so I have had my guppy’s about 3 weeks last week I noticed two tiny stick looking things coming out of male guppy anus. Today they looked a lot bigger then later today they looked small again also his pop has turned dark green it wasn’t before and none of my other guppy’s poo green. My dad doesn’t think it is worms and I’m being para. I have ordered fish wormer and watched videos on how to treat it but would like to know what others think before I treat them. Temp of water is fine and ph is good. Pictures not to clear as his very active.

Attachments

• F41AB90D-D3E2-43F9-822A-51A7A34DC4BE.jpg
    F41AB90D-D3E2-43F9-822A-51A7A34DC4BE.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 244
  • 5BECDCEF-49FB-4617-A439-47DCE1BF24D2.jpg
    5BECDCEF-49FB-4617-A439-47DCE1BF24D2.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 107
Looks like Camallanus worm.
Anchor worms is similar in appearance just usually all around head and sides as well. Check online pics and see which you think.

Thank you spent hours looking at him ���� do you know chances of survival after treatment as all of them are going to need treating ?

This is one place to get medicated flake food.
Never yet have I had the Camellanus worm im my tanks, have read Fenbendazole will treat though. Food is ideal, but fenbendazole is also available as a liquid which dissolves / mixes in water, a goat dewormer called Safeguard. It will kill snails and shrimp. Which would be better removed.

Check the ingredients in the different dewormer flakes for the one you want.

https://angelsplus.com/collections/fish-flake-food/products/medicated-deworming-flakes

Back
Top Bottom