whats the deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trent

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey everyone, whats the deal?
i have a quick question, why when i reply to a post, sometimes it will send 2-4 of the same posts to that page? i only click my mouse once to submit, but it will still update 2-4 of the same message. thank you all in advance, and will talk to you all later.
thanks again.

Do you hit the back button at all? If you only back the page once after posting you will often hit the redirect/post page and thus get another post. If you just hit submit once and then click some other link to continue your browsing then it sounds like your browser/computer is sending the information multiple times to our server.

Describe your computer setup including what browser and version your using.

I have re-enabled the flood interval, so it shouldn't be a problem anymore, unless your browser tries t resend the information after 30 seconds.

its my work computer.its an ibm think center. intel 4, windows xp profesional. lan network.

What browser? Its quite possible your work enviorment has some kind of internet confguraiton thats causing multpile sets of data to be passed to our server.

fishfreek said:
What browser? Its quite possible your work enviorment has some kind of internet confguraiton thats causing multpile sets of data to be passed to our server.
?im sort of computer illiterate. can you explain (what browser)?

Honestly the issue seems to be on your end. Either your browsing habbits, hitting the back button after posting and not hitting it twice to get past the posting screen, or your works network setup causing multiple sets of data to be sent.

Back
Top Bottom