What's up with Aquarank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Serge

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am wondering about what happenned with the Aquarank site this morning. Before I left for work, we had 100 votes accumulated since Sunday morning. I arrive to work to find that Aquarium Advice is not there anymore. Uh??? :evil:

We were in first place and now we don't even appear anywhere on their list. Go figure... :roll:

8)

An overzelous user has caused our account to be suspended. Someone clearly had nothing better to do other than to vote 100+ times from the same IP over a 12 hour period. I have the IP and to say Im not very happy is an understatement.

Thanks to this person we will no longer participate in aquarank.

Umm, well I suppose we cannot complain too much. You get what you pay for, and it is a free service I believe. :mrgreen:

8)

I look at it a little differently. Although it may be free, it is a source of immeasurable pride to have the site listed, especially in the top ten. It draws a number of visitors who may decide after browsing that this is just the right forum for them.

Hopefully, this can be remedied.

Bill, I agree 100% and am crossing my fingers. I love voting and seeing that we are #1!

Mark with Aquarank has been kind enough to reset our account and lift the suspension. Please while its perfectly fine to be voting keep your votes to one vote PER day. If your at work and have internet access where they wont fire you for visiting sites such as aquarank please feel free to vote at work and at home once per day but no more.

I am really glad that has been rectified...the punishment is fitting, albeit...misuse by one member should not damage the rep of the site as a whole.

Thanks Aaron for your due diligence.

PS - Has anyone else noticed that no one else questioned our absence for the entire day?

I never noticed :(

Unfortunately you are not the first site to be targetted like this. Someone has been through quite a few sites (some of hwich I am a member of) and done the same.

Shame on them - they should be named and shamed.

This is a little late, but my sis called and asked about it. She even figured out who did it--I guess she pays more attention than I give her credit for :roll:

I'm just glad that FF was able to get us back on the AquaRank listings. I love voting and take great pride when AA is at the top.

Back
Top Bottom