Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-17-2002, 01:09 PM   #1
Alf
Aquarium Advice Regular

Why Am I constanly having to sign in??

Every time I change pages I have to relog in, I have told it log me in by auto a 100 times. I have to log in every time I visit the site and every time I want to post. Don't say it's my system i work on way to many BB for that to be the case. It's becoming annoying!

See My Tanks through the links below:Have you Joined your Local Marine Club?? For The Dallas Fort Worth area, sign up at DFWMAS
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 01:15 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Alf, has this always been going on?

Have you tried to purge your cookies on your system. I have had the same issue from time to time on some of the systems at home.

Do you run a firewall? I run zonealarm on some of my systems and it appears I have this problem most often on the systems running zone alarm. The problem does not appear to be global with all forums or even with all sites running the specific forum software that is used here.

EMS503 had a simular problem a few weeks back and I posted a bunch of questions and such for him to look at. What was strange is that he told me after he had posted about the login problems he had not had one since then.

Its strange but i think it has to do with personal firewalls and the cookie(s) the site uses to detect if your logged in or not.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 01:18 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I was wrong. I thought EMS503 posted it here in the site help fourm but it was a private message that i have since removed.

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 10-17-2002, 01:40 PM   #4
Alf
Aquarium Advice Regular

It happens every time I change forums. Every time I go out to the main page It tells me I need to log in again. I have logged in 6 times this morning, just to see how long I stay signed in.
No firewalls that I know of. I have never had this problem on any other BB, I am on UBB and VBB forums and this is the only place I have trouble.
It's only a real problem when I want to post. I just notice it every time I change pages it tells me I'm not logged in. I come in through the front page I see I need to log in so I do then when I click on forums it tells me I need to log in. I log in again then when I choose the forum I want again I'm not logged in. So I log in again, when I get ready to post It tells me I need to log in. I have checked log me in auto evrey time.
But like this thread when I have posted to one It say's I'm logged in so it has to know who I am for that.
I have my setting to accept cookies.
sorry to be a pain but any suggestion will be great.
thanks FF

See My Tanks through the links below:Have you Joined your Local Marine Club?? For The Dallas Fort Worth area, sign up at DFWMAS
Old 10-17-2002, 02:58 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

well the first thing to try would be to delete your cookies on your PC. To do this go to tools then to Internet Options and you should see a button for Delete Cookies.

Like I said I have had the same problems from time to time on two of my home systems and ONLY wth this site and no other forum. Not even other forums using phpbb. But I always attributed it to the zonealarm firewall I had as the latptop I use at home does not have zone alarm and I never had the issue wih that system.

Old 10-17-2002, 03:13 PM   #6
Alf
Aquarium Advice Regular

I'll give it a try and let you know in a day or two. Thanks.

Old 10-17-2002, 05:58 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Have you recently upgraded IE? Are you using IE?

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 12:53 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hi. After FF advised me to dump some cookies and check my Zone Alarm, Everything started working again. It had cleared up before and came back again. I dumped the cookies and have not had a problem since. I have left the zone alarm on seeing if it made a difference. It did'nt but dumping the cookies did.Maybe we all need a Cookie Monster

EMS503
Old 10-18-2002, 11:30 AM   #9
Alf
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefrunner69
Have you recently upgraded IE? Are you using IE?
Nope!

Old 10-18-2002, 12:12 PM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

Now that you have purged yoru cookies has that helped?

Did you have to enter your password several times to reply to this post?

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com