Why am I getting notifications for threads I didn't reply in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elmware

Aquarium Advice Activist
I check my e-mail this morning and all of a sudden there's a bunch of notifications from threads which I didn't even reply or post in. Why am I getting these?

Hello,

Yao has just posted a new topic entitled "Snails Taking Over!" at Aquarium Advice. You can use the following link to view the post or to reply.

-------------------------------------------

My boyfriend has a 10 gallon with four priscilla tetras, one tiny zebra daino, one oto, some plants... and now 10 million snails!!! We don't know what happened, but he had three snails originally. Apparently they have been mating like rabbits (they sit there and suction on eachother a lot, so I don't know if that's when they're mating?) And in the past two weeks, when the light is off, we see literally hundreds of baby snails. One on almost every single one gravel piece on the bottom. We thought maybe not all of them were going to survive, but they are all getting bigger. I have never seen this before! I have snails in my own 20 gallon, and once in a while I'll notice a new one, but not a ton at once like this! Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Does he just happen to have very ideal conditions for snails to mate? Will the snails harm the fish in any way? I think the snails are very freaky because now there are so many. The larger original three are also SUPER active !
and are almost completely out of their shell when they "walk" around the tank and glass. They also float upside down and suction the water surface too. What's going on?? :roll:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?p=589758#589758

If you no longer wish to watch this forum you can either click the "Stop watching this forum" link found at the bottom of the forum above, or by clicking the following link:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&unwatch=forum
Hello,

Yao has just posted a new topic entitled "Dwarf Gourami Dying?" at Aquarium Advice. You can use the following link to view the post or to reply.

I have a two blue dwarf gouramis and one sunset dwarf. The two blue ones are healthy as ever, great color and very active. My sunset, however, has been getting skinnier and now his head looks really large with a small body. he doesn't really eat or swim around and hangs by the bottom of the tank. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with him? All my other fish are healthy and I do regular water changes. I also have not added any new fish in months. I know I need to take him out incase whatever he has is infectious, but I don't have a quarantine tank. Is there any way to nurse him back to health or is he a goner? :cry:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?p=589750#589750

If you no longer wish to watch this forum you can either click the "Stop watching this forum" link found at the bottom of the forum above, or by clicking the following link:

Hello,

TEC5154 has just posted a new topic entitled "Dying Angel?" at Aquarium Advice. You can use the following link to view the post or to reply.

Hello. I was hoping someone could help me with a problem I am having with about an 18 month old Angel fish. I recently moved, and everyone made it fine except I noticed right away my Angel was acting a little strange. Now yesterday when I got home, the Angel was laying on the ground, still moving, but barely. So I fed the fish and sure enough, it came up to the top, ate, and then went back to the bottom, right where it was before, behind a rock, and layed down. I gave it the night to probably die :( and woke up at about 4am to get it out of the tank (my girlfriend is very emotional about the fish, so I wanted to get it out). It looked dead but as soon as I touched it with the net, it moved quickly, so I watched it for awhile, and it just went back and layed back down. My question is, do I give it a chance and wait till its completely dead or should I get it out of the tank? Is there anything I can do to give it a fighting chance? Please help! Thanks to everyone!

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?p=589637#589637

Hello,

Pufferowners has just posted a new topic entitled "It had babies! uh oh now what?" at Aquarium Advice. You can use the following link to view the post or to reply.

Well we went to the LFS and I was going to get a coupe guppys for my puffer as a treat but they were to small and so the guy just gave me a fish I dont really know what it is I think they are called platty's or it might be a molly i dont really know didnt look on the sign and this is new to me but anyway it was to big for him so we were just going to put her in my daughters tank..... ya it was planned that way. When my fiance pulled her out of the paper sack she goes "oh my god" I said what? She said "it had babies!" I was like no way... So it had babies in the plastic bag on the way home. I talked to a friend who is also a member on here and he told me to put them into my extra 10 gallon with a heater and filter by themselves wich I did but now I have the problem of what do I feed them and how? I have been crushing up tropical flakes but I am not sure if they eat them or not. Also what is a good temp for these little babies? Here is a pic of the!
m below could someone ID it for me I know they arent clear pics but it moves alot haha. Thanks in advance.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?p=589621#589621

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&unwatch=forum

One sample email would have been fine. Also please post site related questions in site help/feedback as that is where this post will be moved to.

What you have done is clicked the "Watch this forum for new topics." link in one ore more forums. As you can also see at the bottom of each email is a link to allow you to unsubscribe to the particular forum. In your case the "Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish" forum. [quite]If you no longer wish to watch this forum you can either click the "Stop watching this forum" link found at the bottom of the forum above, or by clicking the following link:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&unwatch=forum[/quote]

Just click the link that I have quoted above and the subscription to that forum will be removed.

People can signup to get emails when NEW topics are made in specific forums and this what you did either by accident or not knowing exactly what the link did. You can also click the "Watch this topic for replys" link within any toipc to get an email notice when the next reply is made.

I did not click on any link which said Subscribe to this forum. Also, when I tried to go the the URL in the message, I just got an error message sayong "The topic or post you requested does not exist." Just to stop the bombardment, I changed the e-mail address and then somehow my password got changed, so I can no longer log in as my old username. When I tried to register a new one at home, I get a message telling me that my IP address has been blacklisted by some site called Spews.org. I click the link and they tell me that I'm a spammer. WTF? They are falsly accusing me of spamming?

Btw, the help/feedback forum wasn't easy to find. I didn't realize that it was a subforum when I was trying to find an appropiate forum to post into. Sorry.

1.) When you change your email your account is automaticly disabled and an activation link is sent to you at your new email address to verify you wanted to change your email. If you put a fake email in thus your accounts now perimantly disabled as you have no way of getting the activation link. If you used a real email address and you didnt see an activation link check your spam box. If its no where to be found you can request a new activation email to be sent by clicking a link in the login page. The only time a password gets changed is when you request a new password by doing the 'forgot password' link on the login page. again thats automated.

2) I suspect you use comcast cable. On the registration page there is a comment about comcast subscribers having their IP blocked because SPEWS consiters all comcast IP's to be spammers because historicly comcast has been spammer friendly in that many spammers use their network to spam the world. Its easy enough to remove your IP from the block by contating us on the admin form as is discussed on the registration page.

And for the record you where listed as watching two forums. Those where forums with the ID of 11 and 91 or in easier terms "Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish" and "Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding". The message you should have gotten was "You are no longe watching this forum". The proper unsubscribe link should not have had any message relating to a topic not existing as the unsubscrib link is calling a forum instead of a topic.

ALL of the 138 topics your old userid was watching and the two forums i referenced above as having you subscribed to have been removed from the database and your no longer watching them.

Actually, I'm on Shaw's Internet Service.

It seems to me that Spews is powertrippig. It's like they take bribes from ISPs and if they don't pay the bribe, they blacklist them. That's what I really think is going on with spews.org. Search spews on Google and you'll see that there are people who have complaints about them.

Spews may have started out as a good idea, but now it has become dictatorship instead of spam blocking, and they are dictating to users which ISPs they can be on, and which ones they can't.

Back
Top Bottom